DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for enrollment, billing activities and/or maintaining assigned accounts. Pre-employment test battery may be required.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to incoming calls and may initiate outgoing calls, providing customer service to plan members, providers and employer groups by answering benefit questions, resolving issues and educating callers.
- Verifies enrollment status, makes changes to records, researches and resolves enrollment system rejections; addresses a variety of enrollment questions and/or concerns received by phone or mail.
- May be responsible for billing and delinquency processes for assigned groups.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of the membership and billing function.
- Responds to inquiries concerning enrollment processes.
- Maintains enrollment database. May order identification cards.
- Determines eligibility and applies contract language for each case assigned. Performs error output resolution for electronic eligibility and processes error discrepancy list.
- Bills, collects premiums and reconciles payments.
- Maintains and reconciles premium bill, self-bill and individual billed accounts.
- Notifies clients of premium discrepancies through payment adjustment notices and detailed audits.
- Screens all forms and data for all paperwork received from Sales and/or Underwriting for new group and/or group re-classing benefits.
- Makes request to Underwriting, Sales or Brokers for missing information and/or forms needed for new group or re-class of existing group.
- May be responsible for loading rates to new groups and renewal/re-class groups within the appropriate system.
- Screens group for benefits to determine if existing or new, recognizing when benefits are not standard and handling as appropriate.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Performs basic job functions with help from co-workers, specialists and managers on non-basic issues.
- Requires a HS diploma or GED and related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
If you are active-duty military, reserve, or a military veteran, we foster a welcoming environment that’s dedicated to honoring your service and helping you achieve your career goals. Veterans of Anthem — one of our Business Resource Groups — partners with our Talent Acquisition teams to maximize career offerings for you and your family members, striving to help you transition to civilian service and grow your career at the same time.
Join Anthem's Military and Veteran Talent Network: https://anthemcareers.ttcportals.com/pages/military
WE ARE HIRING
Anthem, Inc. is currently seeking military veterans and military spouses for a variety of open roles. Our immediate needs include Support Technical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Developer, Systems Analyst, Network Data Specialist, and Provider Network Manager roles. Whether you are looking to transition into an IT career or if you have experience under your belt in the Technology field, Anthem wants to have an impact on your career and professional growth by speaking with you about their career opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more, check out Anthem's current open positions to the right for more information and to apply today!