Sunrun is changing the way we get our electricity, and we are looking for Certified Electricians to join the revolution! We need your help to install solar equipment, batteries, and upgrade/retrofit existing electrical systems. Sunrun offers excellent wages and benefits, and career advantages that include performance bonus potential, 401k, a stock purchase plan, and much more. You will experience the reward of helping homeowners save money while reducing the amount of air pollution and CO2 released into the atmosphere. PowerThrough your future and take control of your career with Sunrun. Join us on our mission to create a planet run by the sun.
As a Certified Electrician at Sunrun you will be working on a variety of projects from installing solar systems, performing work for our existing customers, and learning more about energy storage and other new technology.
We need your technical expertise to:
- Lead the installation of electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential property
- Ensure work performed by all electricians is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes
- Complete solar battery installations as assigned
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues
- Safely plan and complete Main Panel Upgrades (MPU)
- Work with branch team and home owners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support our solar equipment
- Work with local inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations
- Additional duties assigned as needed
- 5% travel required
We’re seeking a highly motivated teammate with:
- Electrical installation and repair experience required. Experience with electrical work involving wiring up to 600 VDC and 480 VAC
- Working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels preferred
- Must possess a valid Journeyman License/Electrician Certification or equivalent per local and state requirements, e.g. wireman license
- Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Safety and customer focus
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as attics, basements, and crawl spaces which requires kneeling and crouching
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity
- Ability to frequently utilize hand functions requiring fine motor skills including but not limited to: fine manipulation, grasping, and pinching
- Ability to work within the safe range of equipment such as ladders, fall protection harnesses and other personal protective equipment
- Ability to work while wearing heavy protective equipment such as arc flash suits, gloves, and face shields
- Ability to work and maintain balance on roofs and other areas of height
- Ability to work in the sun and possibly low light conditions
- Ability to walk on rafters, roof tiles, and roof shingles without damage
- Ability to distinguish colors such as red, black, yellow, white, green
- Ability to hear verbal commands and warnings
- Ability to work with chemicals using appropriate protection
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Smarter phones. Smarter technology. Smarter innovations. So why are we still in the dark when it comes to energy? That’s what drives Sunrun to do what we do every day: provide planet-changing home solar in a simple, inexpensive, low-risk way.
The Sunrun vision is to create a planet run by the sun—because we know it’s the one world-changing difference every one of us can all make. We've already helped tens of thousands of homeowners make the switch and we're constantly looking for new ways to make solar accessible to even more homeowners. We're excited for what's ahead and believe this is just the beginning.
Sunrun, Inc. | La Mesa, California
Sunrun, Inc. | Chula Vista, California
Sunrun, Inc. | San Marcos, California
Sunrun, Inc. | Escondido, California
Sunrun, Inc. | San Diego, California
Sunrun, Inc. | San Diego, California