Position Type: Part time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
Responsible for performing the clerical and administrative functions for any or all hub and station operational areas, including linehaul, records management, quality assurance and customer service. Tends to damaged and incorrectly addressed packages in a timely manner to optimize delivery time. Serves as a customer’s first line of contact for a variety of issues.
• Provides clerical support to various management and operational functions, including, but not limited to, photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing and answering telephone • Reviews, researches and/or enters data in various systems to support respective functional area • Compiles data and provides various regular and adhoc reports to management for review and determination • Serves as frontline customer service to receive, solve and/or escalate customer inquiries and issues • Assists management with Business Control Self Assessment (BCSA) audit activity by retrieving data and/or files for review • Responsible for records management tasks such as maintenance, destruction and inventory In addition to the above essential functions, the following functional area assignments have additional essential functions as noted below: Additional Quality Assurance/Loss Prevention essential functions: • Supports ability for timely delivery and mitigates loss and damage by performing address searches/corrections through various sources and ensuring packages are in good condition for the customer • Prioritizes workflow to maximize the number of packages that can be resolved and sent out for delivery in the same day • Ensures all packages receive appropriate scan statuses. Inspects and handles hazardous material damages as per policy. Ensures all loose product is accounted for as per company policy • Researches missing packages to understand the root cause of scanning failures and compiles information on disputed deliveries for management review • Reviews and trends loss and damaged claims filed to identify improperly charged claims and brings to the attention of management Additional Linehaul essential functions: • Reviews and enters all Independent Contractor (IC) settlement information into appropriate system to ensure proper payments. Enters settlement adjustments as directed by manager • Compiles required documentation to establish and maintain Department of Transportation (DOT)-required files. Verifies timely log entry into system • Enters all individual vehicle mileage record information into the system and works with ICs and Linehaul staff to rectify any issues • Tracks a variety of metrics, including the IC charge back program, complaints and maintenance compliance and prepares weekly reports for management review • Serves as initial contact to receive IC inquiries or issues relating to settlement, uniforms, decals, etc., to route to management for appropriate resolution
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Previous clerical or customer service experience preferred
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• General business skills such as typing; data entry and review; and use of phone, copier, and fax • Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications • Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goalsAddress: 39 Edgeboro Road
City: East Brunswick
State: New Jersey
Zip Code: 08816
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P080/East Brunswick Colocation
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Administrative
FedEx Ground, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is a leader in cost-effective package ground shipping, offering dependable service to businesses and residential customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Through 95,000 employees, more than 600 distribution hubs and local pickup-and-delivery stations, and 61,000 motorized vehicles operated by 5,700 locally-owned small businesses, FedEx Ground transports more than 8.3 million packages daily. The company reported annual revenue of $18.4 billion in fiscal year 2018.
Founded in 1985 as RPS; rebranded as FedEx Ground in 2000.
President and CEO Henry J. Maier
$18.4 billion fiscal year 2018
More than 95,000 team members
Average Daily Volume
More than 8 million packages
Service throughout the United States and Canada
More than 60,000 motorized vehicles
- 32 ground hubs and over 500 pickup/delivery stations
- 25 FedEx SmartPost distribution centers
- 37 Hubs
- 31 FedEx SmartPost Distribution
- >550 Pickup/Delivery stations
- 635 FedEx World Service Locations
- 1,850 FedEx Office Locations
- 6,500 FedEx Authorized ShipCenter (FASC) and Third-Party Retail Locations
- 8,250 FedEx Onsite Locations and FedEx Ship&Get Lockers
- Fortune's -World's Admirable Companies
- Fortune -100 Best Companies to Work For
- Fortune -One of the 10 Best Workplaces for African Americans
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council -One of America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises
- Fortune Magazine -World's Most Valuable Brands
- Reputation Institute -100 Most Reputable Companies in the World
1-800-Go-FedEx® (1-800-463-3339) or customer support at fedex.com
FedEx Ground: U.S.
FedEx Ground provides 100-percent coverage to every business address in the United States, with small-package delivery in one to five business days in the continental U.S. and in three to seven business days to Alaska and Hawaii.