About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a transformational team that will create new innovative customer experiences through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity, and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
The number one thing you need to know about working at AT&T: Our employees like being here. They come together to reach goals, celebrate wins, and make AT&T a fun place to work.
At AT&T, diversity means promoting an environment of inclusion; one in which each individual is valued and every voice is heard. We recognize all differences - from race, gender, sexual orientation and religion to perspectives, physical and mental abilities, experiences, and outlooks. We realize that diversity is more than the right thing to do - it's essential if we want to be successful in the global marketplace.
About Design Program Management
The Design Program Management position is characterized as an integral part of developing and growing Design Operations within creative team(s). They are the backbone for team performance, providing agility of product innovation by establishing seamless workflows, implementing centralized tools and practices, managing and leading key projects, and ensuring alignment with partner teams across product marketing, development, and cross-organizational stakeholders.
With a strong appreciation for UX/UI design, a Sr Lead Design Program Manager understands the creative practice and knows how to apply just the right amount of process for our designers to thrive. This position establishes the plan for bringing design to fruition, along with a strategy for the operational aspects of product design. This position enjoys solving the "how", freeing up designers to focus on crafting the "what".
As a Sr Lead Design Program Manager, you will:
- Work strategically with partner stakeholders to ensure experience continuity across the end-to-end customer journeys.
- Manage the complete product design lifecycle for high-profile initiatives from design concept to launch.
- Collaborate closely with design leaders on overall team vision and strategy.
- Guide projects from pitch to completion by facilitating team productivity, managing client expectations, and providing a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders.
- Facilitate alignment/communication across disciplines and organizations.
- Prepare for design reviews with partners and senior leadership by driving agendas, goals, FAQs and presentation strategy.
Required Experience & Characteristics:
- 7+ years of experience managing complex, medium to large, multi-disciplinary programs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of product design, design research, content strategy and product development lifecycles.
- Drives improvements and evolution of discipline best practices – ensures implementation of best practices across all studios and programs.
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail, to capture the big picture and achieve product and organizational goals.
- Team-player; always bringing a positive approach and confidence so that your team knows you've got it, and the determination to succeed and grow.
- Fosters collaborative environment and support the team, ensuring health and productivity.
- Thrives in ambiguity – drives decision making.
- Identifies, mitigates, and escalates risk as necessary
Preference for candidates in Austin or Dallas, TX, but we are open to candidates working remotely for the next year.
Application Requirements and Instructions
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
AT&T is bringing it all together for our customers, from revolutionary smartphones to next-generation TV services and sophisticated solutions for multi-national businesses.
For more than a century, we have consistently provided innovative, reliable, high-quality products and services and excellent customer care. Today, our mission is to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. We're fulfilling this vision by creating new solutions for consumers and businesses and by driving innovation in the communications and entertainment industry.
We're recognized as one of the leading worldwide providers of IP-based communications services to businesses. We also have the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network.* We also have the largest international coverage of any U.S. wireless carrier, offering the most phones that work in the most countries. AT&T operates the nation's largest Wi-Fi network** including more than 32,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots at popular restaurants, hotels, bookstores and retailers, and provides access to nearly 1 million hotspots globally through roaming agreements.
AT&T U-verse is TV inspired by you. It's TV the way you want it, with tons of cool features and capabilities. AT&T is the only national TV service provider to offer a 100-percent IP-based television service. It's part of our "three-screen" integration strategy to deliver services across the three screens people rely on most - the mobile device, the PC and the TV.
As we continue to break new ground and deliver new solutions, we're focused on delivering the high-quality customer service that is our heritage.
AT&T | Austin, Texas
AT&T | Austin, Texas
AT&T | Austin, Texas
Accenture | Austin, Texas
The Home Depot | Austin, Texas
Teladoc Health, Inc. | Austin, Texas
Spectrum | Austin, Texas