Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Lead Embedded Engr
The Lead Embedded Engineer position is responsible to ensure technical solution development for multiple product lines in Systems Business of HPS in collaboration with Honeywell technology and business stakeholders. The role demonstrates thought leadership across HPS in one or more technical disciplines, drive and own Innovation, quality, Cycle time initiatives by adopting contemporary technologies, process and takes ownership of building a strong technical talent through coaching and mentoring cross- functional teams. The role requires to interact with end customer for HUE aspects, Field deployment understanding, product gaps and defining new requirements and solutions.
Lead Embedded Engineer (Systems)-
Primary Responsibilities: -
- Responsible for technical leadership for leading system engineering aspects of distributed control systems, sub systems integration, network, communication, hardware and overall spec limits design and validation including product security and HUE.
- Uses strong domain (Oil & gas, Chemical, Petro-Chemical, Power) and product knowledge ( Experion, TPS, Safety Manger, Advanced Applications and subsystem Communication Protocols) to guide team to ensure completeness of deployment scenarios, illities, use cases and user profile and built-in product quality.
- Experience and exposure to future Process control technologies/ Philosophies. (Cloud Computing, Remote Augmentation, Virtual platforms for Control, Networking)
- Work closely with end customers to define topologies, help migration, resolve technical issues and ensure successful launch of new releases. Co- innovate with customers to resolve their pain points.
- Responsible for product validation strategy including estimation, new methodologies, DOE, architecture risks mitigation during elaboration, automation and simulation planning.
- Work with system engineers and architects to ensure testability, Human factors and cyber security requirements are defined well.
- Provide technical recommendations by evaluating various concepts and carrying out technical feasibility tests to map the right solution to customer need and influences decisions for translation to design for projects of complex nature.
- Participate in observation VOC and work with product marketing to translate the OVOC and customer feedback to product requirements.
- Monitor release quality criteria, present unbiased product quality view to enable customer acceptance for release and balance the optimum quality and schedule.
- Responsible for Supporting systems for collection and analysis of metrics, and devise improvement actions and track them.
- Participate in technology trade shoes, conferences for knowledge gain/sharing and Honeywell technology symposiums for knowledge sharing through paper and poster presentations and technology demonstrations as opportunities arise.
- Drive growth projects, technology incubation and research topics to the extent applicable. Participate in Proof of concept (POC) and Product visualization (PPV). Monitor new technology trends, conduct innovation workouts, generate growth ideas and publish white papers.
- Participate in cross SBG strategy to drive the common practices and synergies to achieve the results in terms of cost, Quality and speed.
- Actively participate in generating, evaluating, selecting and implementing new state of the art solutions at Honeywell.
- Participate in technology and product roadmaps (scalability/extension/integration) for the product lines assigned.
- Proven track record of managing complex programs successfully which have critical business knowledge and skills. Strong understanding of HPS domains ( Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petro-chemical, Power etc) and customer deployment scenarios, use cases.
- Hands on knowledge on breadth of product including distributed Control systems, PLCs, SCADA, various communications standards, controllers, interfaces, Knowledge of HPS legacy systems, various performance and capacity specifications etc.
- Candidate should be able to lead the teams by influence only and without authority and drive the changes successfully
- Ability to technically drive and lead teams with diversified background cultures. Ability to coach and develop strong technical core teams through mentoring and coaching and driving highly positive team spirit.
- Ability to work in highly matrix environment and manage constant change and evolution
- Keen and aware of the business and technological opportunities and challenges
- Experience of iterative/ agile development and architectural high risks lead development, capabilities of understanding and reviewing designs and driving nonfunctional requirements
- Understanding of various testing and development methodologies, Automation and DOE (Design of Experiments) techniques to optimize efforts
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills and should have worked extensively with global stakeholders like projects, TAC, services etc
- Continuous improvement and Innovative mindset is essential and candidate should have created/implemented new ideas
Bachelors or master’s degree in engineering.
Extensive experience (15+ Years) in Honeywell Process Solutions domains / verticals and strong experience in HPS Systems product portfolios including DCS, (Experion, TPS) Safety ( SM, SMSC) Migration, Legacy systems, Advanced Solution and distributed control system sub system integration requirements for plant control system.
- JOB ID: HRD135024
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India