School nurses have never been more essential. Don’t miss this meaningful opportunity to help students stay strong and healthy, so they can continue learning.
Requirement: Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
State Requirement: Arkansas Department of Education background clearance (out-of-pocket, non-refundable expense of $49.25)
Perks you’ll enjoy as a Substitute School Nurse:
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
Why become a Substitute School Nurse?
- Help maximize school attendance and improve student learning and performance.
- Feel good about the work you do, and service you provide, to kids in your own community.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy work-life balance.
- Provide healthcare services to students by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in medical examinations and review findings to evaluate health status of students and progress of program.
- Cooperate with school personnel in identifying and meeting the social, emotional, and physical needs of students.
- Administer immunizations, provide first-aid, and properly maintain health records of students.
- Counsel students in good health habits.
- Monitor and follow all aspects of dispensing medication (prescription or over-the-counter) to students at school, according to school protocol and policies and procedures, to include proper provider authorization, parental request, proper administration, and timely documentation.
- Verify the identity of each student and dosage instructions with office administration before medicine (prescription or over-the-counter) is dispensed to a student.
- Collaborate with school office staff, principal, and/or parents regarding students identified for exclusion due to medical reasons.
- Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe learning environment by promoting OSHA standards relevant to biohazardous materials, hepatitis, and first aid-CPR training.
- Dress in a safe and appropriate manner as described in the Kelly Education Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Report an incident that results in injury, illness, harm, or the potential for significant harm to a student to a Kelly representative within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Apply now!
- Upon submitting the application, expect to receive a response via e-mail and/or text message within 24-48 business hours regarding next steps. This is an opportunity for you to learn more about the position.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute teacher? We’re always looking for more role models!
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you’re looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we’ll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you’re new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
Kelly | Elkins, Arkansas
Kelly | Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Kelly | Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Kelly | West Fork, Arkansas
Kelly | Greenland, Arkansas
Kelly | Elkins, Arkansas
Kelly | Farmington, Arkansas