We are looking for Senior Principal Systems Engineers who are interested in experiencing all elements of the space mission design process including system-level trades, requirements development, spacecraft design, performance assessment, integration and test, verification, and validation. This position will interface with the PMO, customer, Lead Systems Engineer, Chief Engineer and other stakeholders to ensure program objectives are achieved. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
**This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $30,000**
- 10+ years Systems Engineering Experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Space Vehicle Experience such as Satellite Bus/Payload Design Development or Test
- Technical experience with payloads such as Communications, Radar, EO/IR, RF, or Optics
- Experience in a Systems Engineering technical leadership capacity such as an RSE, Responsible Systems Engineer, or LSE, Lead Systems Engineer
- Experience in senior program leadership roles such as an Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL), Chief Engineer (CE), Program Manager, or Cost Account Management (CAM) and Earned Value Management (EVMS) Experience
Experience across the Systems Engineering Lifecycle/V such as:
- Developing Concepts of Operations
- Requirements Development, Decomposition, and Management
- System Level Design and Architecture
- Developing Test Plans and Procedures
- System Integration and Test
- Requirements Verification, Validation, and Sell-off
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Experience with SEIT tools such as DOORS, MATLAB, C++, and Python
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Other experience in the Space domain such as:
- Orbits, Navigation, and Trajectory
- Hyperspectral or VIS-IR Detector Imaging
- Ground segment, antenna services, and data distribution
- Mission geometry, relative satellite motion, and analyzing viewing and lighting conditions
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools for developing architectures and functional analysis
- Experience with Software Development
- Experience with Firmware Development
- Knowledge of US Export/Import law in regards to space technologies
- Active Top Secret clearance preferred
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or related STEM degree
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
In compliance with Colorado___s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $106,500 to $223,500; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate___s work experience, education/training, and key skills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.