August 2, 2021, through August 6, 2021
A staff nurse is a professional nurse who delegates and coordinates patient care, based upon a documented assessment of the patient’s needs. The staff nurse applies the nursing process of assessment, planning interventions, implementing the plan of care, and evaluation care. The nurse is a patient advocate, who in conjunction with the other members of the health care team; guides the patient safely through the hospital stay. An Emergency Department RN must develop and maintain clinical expertise in nursing care of the critically ill while maintaining the standards of care within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
Education Training and Experience:
- Graduate of School of Nursing, who maintains required CNE’s.
- Currently, licensed by the Ohio State Board of Nursing.
- Has been actively employed in hospital-based nursing within the past five years, or completion of a state approved RN refresher course within the past year or is a recent graduate of a state approved school of nursing (RN).
- Shows evidence of participation in continuing education and the unit based Quality Assurance Program.
- Successful completion of the Registered Nurse Orientation Program at Alliance Community Hospital.
- Successful completion of any additional educational requirements of the hospital or the emergency department.
- Maintains current BLS certification through American Heart Association.
- Maintain and or obtain within 18 months: PALS and NRP certifications
- Maintain and or obtain within 6 months: ACLS
- Maintain and or obtain within 3 months: CIDE certification.
- Maintain and or obtain NIH Stroke Scale Certification within six months.
- Must be able to work effectively with physicians, all ED staff, and other departments.
- Joins and maintains membership in ONA and the Alliance local unit of ONA within 31 days of employment.
- Certified Emergency Nurse preferred
- TNCC certification preferred
- Must be computer literate to complete task(s) as required. Such as Meditech (Hospital Support Software), Halogen (performance appraisal system) Relias (education system), ability to retrieve e-mails, complete online enrollment for health insurance/benefits and any other programs as assigned.
“AultCare was created for the community and although we’ve grown in our geographic reach, services and provider listing over the past two decades, our focus continues to be the community.” AultCare administers payment of health benefits for employers for: Medical Dental Vision Short-term disability Workers' compensation Flexible spending accounts Benefit plans administered by AultCare include group or individual coverage and Medicare Advantage plans for Medicare eligibles.