World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.Job Summary
Air Liquide Large Industries North America ("LI NAM") is seeking a Plant Manager responsible for the Spindletop Cavern and Port Arthur HPU. This position, located in the Beaumont region and reporting to the Operations Director - Hydrogen/Syngas Pipeline, is responsible for managing both assets safely and reliably by complying with regulatory requirements, developing and leading personnel, managing costs effectively, and developing personal skills and competencies.Responsibilities
- Operates all equipment safely and reliably by complying with regulatory requirements, developing/leading personnel, managing costs effectively and developing personal skills/competencies.
- Operates facility in compliance with all governmental regulations and Air Liquide policies
- Maintains all necessary licenses and permits
- Reports and investigates all incidents; ensures corrective actions are completed in a timely manner
- Ensures all performance evaluations, hiring, promotions and assignments are free of any form of discrimination
- Meets or exceeds company safety standards including fundamental safety rules
- Ensures continued OSHA PSM and EPA RMP compliance
- Maintains adherence with IMS requirements including compliance with current GTs,
- keeping EIS plans/PMs current
- Owns key operating documents; ensures updated red-line PIDs at all times; displays detailed understanding of content and significance of each document
- Makes plant/process decisions, performs process troubleshooting; establishes clear delegation of this authority
- Fosters positive internal/external customer relationships
- Ensures delivery of quality and quantity of product required by business
- Responsible for all routine maintenance activities
- Ensures maintenance work is planned, scheduled and completed effectively; approves all critical work permits (hot work, confined space, etc)
- Partners with the National Industrial Direction Organization’s Maintenance and Reliability teams to execute predictive/preventive maintenance to eliminate failures, unplanned maintenance, and planned maintenance turnarounds; ensures plant staff is engaged in support of TAR planning
- Sets and maintains high housekeeping standards to exemplify and improve the Air Liquide image
- Keeps plant hazard analysis current; displays thorough knowledge of possible hazards and associated safeguards
- Ensures adherence to Management of Change procedure
- Develops long and short term planning for improving safety, reliability and efficiency
- Ensures all action items from audits and other sources assigned to plant are completed on time
- Conducts annual performance review with each employee; implements development plans; provides training/coaching to improve performance
- Completes goals as assigned in Talent Management System (TMS) and reports results as part of annual review
- Understands, monitors, optimizes and is accountable for operating costs within authorized budget, includes variable/fixed costs, capital budget, overtime management
- Develops, champions, and executes improvements to deliver SIO, GYM, and efficiency objectives
- Participates in Capital planning process; maintains a long term capital improvement plan for reliability, growth, safety, environmental and efficiency
- Utilizes national purchasing agreements and frame agreements
- Engages with all appropriate parties to develop annual maintenance budget including base run rate, special projects, equipment overhauls and annual TAR plans
- Partners with Corporate Supply Management and Field Sourcing Specialists to ensure best value is obtained for all outsourced work/materials
Education and Experience
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree required OR equivalent related operations experience required in lieu of a degree, AND 5+ years years technical knowledge and/or work experience & understanding of plant process; direct experience with pressure swing adsorption and/or cavern storage/withdrawl systems a plus
- Ability to work extended hours and shift work as business needs dictate
- Strong demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively navigate crisis situations
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants, including Process Safety Management, OSHA regulations, Environmental Regulations, EEOC guidelines, state and local requirements.
- Solid foundation in engineering/technical fundamentals and operations to accept/apply/challenge external technical recommendations
- Trained in process safety elements and process safety management
- Knowledgeable and experienced in large compressor operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable and trained in root cause analysis; able to lead investigations
- Able to remotely access intranet, learn to use internal systems such as Intelex, Maximo® and Oracle
- Trainable on Distributed Process Control (DCS) operation and troubleshooting (Delta V, APACS, PI)
- Able to deliver and explain training material to operating personnel.
- Extremely organized; effective at time management
- Able to establish/maintain a plant filing system, control of engineering documents; ability to read/red-line key operating documents
- Displays mechanical and electrical aptitude for equipment operation/troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of commercial agreements and AL customer relations
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- General understanding of accounting principles; working knowledge of plant operating budget
- Knowledgeable in general maintenance management processes/procedures including work management, planning and scheduling, pm compliance and TAR planning
- Knowledgeable in capital process including ACE submittal, basic economic analysis
- Ability to work extended hours/shift work as business needs dictate; on call nights, weekends, holidays as required
- Infrequent travel; typically 2-4 trips per year
- Willing to relocate for promotional opportunity
Air Liquide is a global leader, constantly striving to stay on top in a fast paced, high-tech industry. Our careers provide you with an immediate opportunity to contribute. We give you the responsibility to find customer solutions and the autonomy needed to get things done. The diversity of our businesses and our worldwide operations mean a career at Air Liquide can take you almost anywhere you want to go.
Air Liquide Group relies on the skills and commitment of over 43,000 people throughout the world with a broad range of responsibilities in a variety of industries. It is through their efforts that we have become a world leader in industrial and medical gases with a reputation for excellence.
The diversity of our employees is a driving force behind our success. Present in over 75 countries, our people are a mixture or gender, race, culture, nationality, education and professional experience. Their combined competencies allow us to capitalize on fast changing opportunities worldwide.
One of Air Liquide's strategic themes is developing our talents. Recruiting, training, mobility...more competent and motivated teams are and will continue to be one of the foundations of Air Liquide's growth and leadership.
Our Career Philosophy
At Air Liquide we trust in the initiative of our people. We believe our employees are the source of our success and rely on their intelligence, creativity and determination to continuously improve our performance. We give people responsibility and trust them to get the job done. The link between our employees and our success means we must continuously attract the best people. To do so, Air Liquide must be a great place to work. Our mission is to ensure this is the case.
A career at Air Liquide means the opportunity to explore many different types of work all over the world while remaining within the same company. It means being part of a company heavily invested in your development—your success drives ours and we prepare you to succeed. It also means working for a company that believes your success is dependent on a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives.
Air Liquide USA, LLC | Port Neches, Texas
Orion Engineered Carbons LLC | Orange, Texas
Honeywell | Orange, Texas
LafargeHolcim | Port Arthur, Texas
Honeywell | Orange, Texas
Honeywell | Orange, Texas
CenterPoint Energy | Beaumont, Texas
NTT DATA | Lumberton, Texas
BrightSpring Health Services | Beaumont, Texas
Honeywell | Orange, Texas