The Internal Control Manager is part of the North America Internal Control team, which supports Management, Business Process Owners (BPO’s) and Control Owners with the implementation and sustainability of the Holcim Internal Control System across North America. This position also serves as a resource and advisor on process and control related matters. Excellent leadership, communication skills, and the ability to effectively and persuasively collaborate with all business and process areas are key components of this role.
This role can be based out of our LafargeHolcim offices located in: Addison, TX, Golden, CO or Dundee, MI
- Safety first: Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
Understand the end-to-end business processes for all product lines and at all levels (corporate, shared service centers, business units), in order to:
- Identify operational, financial, and compliance risks
- Manage control documentation with responsible stakeholders
- Perform and conclude on control design and operating effectiveness
- Formulate appropriate, practical, and cost-effective recommendations and remediation action plans
- Develop and promote standard and consistent processes and controls across product lines and business units in North America
- Manage Segregation of Duties (SoD) risks, including: risk identification, monitoring SoD conflicts and mitigating controls, and conflict remediation
- Review existing policies and procedures, identify gaps and improvement opportunities, and working with local stakeholders to develop regional or local policies where needed
- Communicate annual IC Cycle requirements to BPO’s and Senior Management, and ensure understanding and commitment
- Support business transactions and initiatives, as needed or requested
- Development of the annual Risk Assessment and Internal Control Plan
- Provide regular updates and reports on the North America Internal Control System
Liaise with other assurance functions:
- Group Internal Control on issues and local deployment of directives, policies, and procedures
- External Auditors on control testing coordination, audit requests, and issue resolution and reporting
- Administration and frequent use of the applications used by Internal Control (SAP ERP, SAP GRC, VIRSA, and TeamMate+)
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- This position interacts with all levels of the business in North America, as well as the Holcim parent company (i.e. Group Internal Control, Group Internal Audit, Group Functions) and external audit.
- Responsible for providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources.
HEALTH & SAFETY (H&S) COMPETENCIES
- Ensures alignment of H&S activities arising from H&S missions and objectives.
- Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are thoroughly implemented.
- Drives committed and effective incident management through active participation in incident review, investigation, and corrective action creation.
- Promotes a culture of incident reporting and leading indicators, i.e., Near Misses and Visible Personal Commitment (VPC).
- Exercises and encourages core H&S values including, but not limited to, developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment.
- Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
- Additional Education Preferred: Master's degree
- Field of Study Preferred: Accounting, Business or Finance
- Required Work Experience: 10 plus years of experience in a manufacturing or public accounting environment, including at least 3 years of public accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley, Internal Control, Internal Audit or External Audit experience
- Required Training/Certifications: Professional designation (CPA/CA, CIA, CMA, CGA, CFE)
- Required Computer and Software Skills: MS Office applications including advanced Excel Skills Required; SAP experience a plus
- Travel Requirements: 20-25% U.S. and international travel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills (including the ability to balance multiple tasks with numerous stakeholders, and articulate work status and issue summaries at any time)
- Able to effectively work independently, taking initiative to develop and maintain positive working relationships with collocated and distributed stakeholders and team members
- Maturity in judgment and ability to conduct fair and impartial assessments
- Reputation for conduct at the highest standards of ethics and integrity
It is an exciting time to work in the building materials sector. The world is facing a process of rapid urbanization accompanied by increased pressure on strategic resources (water, raw materials, energy). As the new leader of our industry, LafargeHolcim is seeking to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent to help us meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We need people eager to grow to their full potential while delivering value to our shareholders, customers, and society in general. Read more: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/join-us-help-world-build-better
Follow us: @LafargeHolcim on Twitter | LafargeHolcim on Facebook
LafargeHolcim | Addison, Texas
Lennox International | Richardson, Texas
Wells Fargo | Addison, Texas
Texas Instruments | Dallas, Texas
CBRE | Dallas, Texas
Wells Fargo | Irving, Texas
Wells Fargo | Irving, Texas
BrightSpring Health Services | Grand Prairie, Texas
Wells Fargo | Irving, Texas
PepsiCo | Plano, Texas