The Senior Business Analyst , SCM will be a core member of James Hardie SCM IT Team while working closely with our SCM business organization and driving continuous improvement through business partnerships to develop timely and innovative sustainable 'end to end' solutions. This involves collaboration with other SAP functional and development teams to design, develop, test, and implement appropriate configuration within the SAP ECCand PP, WM, PM and QM effectively to meet business requirements in the manufacturing area. This role will combine production support activities for business as well as new functional enhancements and global project implementations.
The SAP Sr BA works with key business users to gather business requirements; designs and develops solutions; creates blueprints, functional specs and performs Unit/integration testing. He/She will be responsible for successful global template technical solution implementation meeting full value realization across the business functions of Supply Chain Management and Execution and inter-related processes.
Development of technical design, solution and configuration in SAP ECC - PP, WM, PM and QMsolutions for global projects in Super Highway umbrella. Lead and facilitate design sessions amongst business, IS stakeholders/leaders & SME(s), driving integration and eliminating gaps.
- Provides ongoing business support for Applications in SCM area by:
- Becoming familiar with existing SAP design and enhancements as well as 3rd party applications
- Analyzing problem tickets through root cause analysis, and determining appropriate solutions; and
- Updating configuration and as needed working with developers to modify programs and ensuring adequate end user testing and acceptance of all SAP SCM planning and Execution.
- Coordinating support escalation, communication with business, service desk, and technical teams.
- Supporting cross-functional issues investigation, testing, and resolution.
- Researching issues in SAP OSS and implementation of OSS notes.
- Interfacing with internal / external auditors during SOX audits.
- Ensure that all IS Helpdesk SLAs and metrics are adhered to.
Enhancements and Projects Support:
- Partnering with Business Stakeholders to identify opportunities to optimize existing processes and technology as well as assessing new technologies and business solutions.
- Supporting Stakeholders to develop 'ROI' and 'business cases' for project reviews and approval.
- Writing clear, complete functional specifications from business requirements for development Team
- Create and design training and process documentation for new functionality and projects for end user training.
- Participate in project management by managing small to medium size projects from definition through implementation.
- Communicate issues, enhancement, project status to business stakeholders and management.
- Works closely with the Supply Chain Business teams to recommend business process changes based on knowledge of SAP and best business practices by:
- Researching and identifying appropriate SAP solutions to optimize and increase adoption;
- Using past experiences and knowledge of SAPPP, WM, PM and QM to support processes and design to improve, Supply Chain business functions.
- Collaborating with Business stakeholders and functional SAP teams to deliver new business process and or SAP functionality.
- Assisting users in determining the best methods for data reporting, either via standard reports, SAP query, custom programs, or BI analytics.
- Developing reporting with SAP Query, report writer, and report painter.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have had hands-on experience with designing, configuring and implementing SAP solutions in Production Planning (PP), Warehouse Management (WM), Plant Maintenance (PM) and Quality Management (QM)covering business processes across Supply chain planning and execution.
- 6+ years of SAP Functional experience in SAP PP, WM, PM and QM.Extensive experience in the end to end supply chain and manufacturing process; including (but not limited to) Production Planning, Warehouse Management, Plant Maintenance Purchase to Pay and Quality Management.
- Functional Knowledge of Supply Chain Management including material flow, information flow and financial flow.
DETAILS ON PP:
- Hands-on experience in configuration and customization of PP functionalities: Master Data (Materials, BOMs, Resources and Production Versions), MRP, Work centers, Routing, Production Order types.
- Experience in Configuring the shop floor activities including creation of orders, conversion of planned orders, printing of shop papers, goods movements, order confirmations and availability check
- Experience in Detailed Scheduling, Capacity Planning, Evaluation and Levelling to allocate operations to resources production order creation, process messages, process instructions, activity pricing, work center, activity type and cost center assignment mapping, and product cost collectors.
- Experience in processes like MTS (Make-to-Stock), MTO (Make-to-Order), Make-to-Order for Configurable Material, Stock Requirement/ MRP Lists, variant configuration.
- Integration experience with QM in goods receipt inspection for a purchase order, in-process inspection, goods receipt inspection for a production order, recurring inspection, and inspection for a delivery to customer, quality notification process.
- Configuration of material requirements planning processes, production orders, process orders, classification, batch management, serial number, and order confirmation
- Experience in discrete manufacturing, production process industry (PP-PI) and knowledge in repetitive manufacturing environment
- Experienced with Master Data, MRP, Production Order Creation, Capacity Requirements Planning and Production Execution
Details on PM:
- Hands on experience in PM processes such as Corrective, Preventative & Calibration cycles and WM processes involving Pick, Pack & Ship, Inbound & Outbound delivery processes and SAP HANA Enterprise
- Experience in Scheduling of Preventive Maintenance orders, creation of Notifications, Breakdown maintenance orders and Refurbishment orders for SAP PM
- Creating and updating of Master Data for SAP PM for Technical Objects/Task lists/Maintenance plan, Service Notifications.
- Experienced in the SAP PM with knowledge of cross-functional modules such as, Sales and Distribution (SD), Material Management (MM) and Finance (FICO).
Details on WM:
- Experience in Warehouse Management configuration
- Basic Stock Management, Production Staging, Warehouse Movements, Storage type, Storage bin, Search Strategies-Picking & Put away, Storage Unit Management, Mobile Data Entry- RF, and Bar Code devices.
- Configuration of control parameters for Warehouse Number and Storage types, WM movement types, Stock Placement and Removal strategies like Fixed Bin, Open Storage, Bulk Storage and next empty bin, FIFO and LIFO strategies
Details on QM:
- Experience with Quality Planning, Quality Inspection, Quality Control, Return to Vendor process, Quality Certificates for Analysis and Conformance, Quality Notifications, Quality Reports, Audits Reports, Risk Assessment Reports etc.
- Experience in Configuration of QM Control key for the goods receiving inspection, inspection plan groups for the production line, created Group Counters and assigned materials to them
- Hands-on experience in Configuring settings for master data including Quality work centers, Sampling schema and Procedures, Task lists, Selected Sets, Inspection method, Codes and code groups, Inspection Lot creation and completion,
- Configuring PR, PO, Goods Receipts, and Invoice verification with QM module
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Need to be able to translate business requirements and architect sustainable solutions.
- Knowledge or experience with technical development objects and understand how they interact with SAP (Reports, Interfaces, Customizations, Enhancements, and Forms).
- Experience with SAP upgrades, enhancement packs and migrations.
- Exposure to S/4 HANA and EWM
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of a full life cycle implementation.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%.
- Bachelors Degree
- Located in or willing to relocate to Chicago, IL or Mission Viejo, CA
James Hardie Industries is the world’s #1 producer and marketer of high-performance fiber cement and fiber gypsum building solutions. We employ a diverse global workforce of approximately 4,800 employees across operations in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines, and generated more than $2.9 billion in net sales during our 2021 financial year. We believe that home is a sanctuary and a canvas for self-expression without compromise. As the trusted innovator and industry leader in the markets where we operate, James Hardie empowers homeowners and building professionals alike to achieve their dream home with premium quality solutions that enable endless possibilities for design and aesthetics, while also delivering trusted protection and long-lasting beauty. Key to this effort is our dedication to our customers, market driven innovation, an inclusive and empowering company culture, and an unwavering commitment to our Zero Harm safety initiative. We also recognize the company’s ability to influence the communities in which we live and work around the world. While operating with a global mindset, we put great care into how our business impacts the local communities in which we operate and serve by sourcing locally, employing locally and delivering locally. Our business is fast-paced, and our people are smart in the way we solve problems, driven in our pursuit of results, and real in the way we build relationships and work together. We have opportunities available in manufacturing and production, sales, marketing, engineering, supply chain, accounting and finance, information technology, and more.
James Hardie | Chicago, Illinois
Accenture | Chicago, Illinois
Accenture | Chicago, Illinois
Accenture | Chicago, Illinois
Sealed Air Corporation | Hodgkins, Illinois
James Hardie | Chicago, Illinois
ULTA | Romeoville, Illinois
Reynolds Consumer Products | Lake Forest, Illinois
ULTA | Bolingbrook, Illinois
Honeywell | Des Plaines, Illinois