DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Grievance/Appeals Analyst Senior is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and processing complex pre service and post service grievances and appeals requests in the Enterprise Grievance & Appeals Department and the completion of written communication documents to convey the determination.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the highest level of expertise that is required to respond to regulators, media inquiries, member and provider issues escalated to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and regulatory agencies.
- Researching and making determinations on complex appeals or grievances that come from a variety of sources including the state/federal regulators, members, media, attorneys representing members and inquiries received from any of these sources.
- This includes reviewing and extrapolating member Evidence of Coverage language for interpretation where ambiguity may exists and initiates a recommendation to Contracts and/or Legal.
- Working with the Legal Department on various types of cases such as pleadings received from the various regulators, actions and violations and with Public Relations and Government Relations on research and resolution of media issues.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of Grievance & Appeals Analyst experience and 3-5 years experience working in grievances and appeals, claims, or customer service; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Associates degree preferred.
- For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
If you’re a reserve or veteran member of the military, we foster a welcoming environment that’s dedicated to honoring your service and helping you achieve your career goals. Veterans of Anthem — one of our Business Resource Groups — partners with our Talent Acquisition teams to maximize career offerings for you and your family members, striving to help you transition to civilian service and grow your career at the same time.
Join Anthem's Military and Veteran Talent Network: https://anthemcareers.ttcportals.com/pages/military
WE ARE HIRING
Anthem, Inc. is currently seeking military veterans and military spouses with operations experience. Whether your experience is hands-on as an operational specialist or in operational leadership, Anthem wants to have an impact on your career and professional growth by speaking with you about their career opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more, check out Anthem's current open positions to the right for more information and to apply today!
Not sure where to start? Send RecruitMilitary Success Manager, Taylor Groves, your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org