Position:Senior Technical Analyst, ERP DatabaseSupport
Senior DBA to handle and manage projects in the DBA Solutions, Architecture and Implementation team
What you’ll be doing:
The DBA Lead is responsible for managing and planning the administration, installation, configuration, support and maintenance of all database components. The Oracle Database Services Lead oversees and assists with the analysis of the overall database environment, identifies trends in database operation and evaluates the impact on the existing environment. The Oracle DBA Lead must keep apprised of emerging technologies and packaged solutions pertaining to Database Technology and act as specialist with regard to RDBMS kernel and support tools. This resource must work in an analytical and troubleshooting role and is expected to make critical decisions affecting service levels. These decisions must be timely as any errors can cause substantial delay, expense, and/or disruption of service.
● Ensure all database related problems escalated by the Help Desk are assigned, and resolved in a timely manner to minimize user impact.
● Conduct root cause analysis on persistent or major database related problems. Restores the database in the event of hardware or equipment failure.
● Executes Cloning procedure, performs patch administration, and coordinates installation and upgrade of DBMS.
● Monitors overall database usage and recommends hardware adjustments to ensure efficient system operation.
● Manage and coordinate the SR Resolution Process, assign resources to resolve user service request and/or incidents.
What we are looking for:
● Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
● Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
● Works independently; receives minimal guidance
● Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
● Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
● Contributes to process improvements
● Typically resolves problems using existing solutions
● Provides informal guidance to junior staff
● Works with minimal guidance
Experience / Education
Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: ARW), an award-winning Fortune 102 and one of Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies. Arrow guides innovation forward for over 180,000 leading technology manufacturers and service providers. With 2020 sales of USD $28.67 billion, Arrow develops technology solutions that improve business and daily life. Our broad portfolio that spans the entire technology landscape helps customers create, make and manage forward-thinking products that make the benefits of technology accessible to as many people as possible. Learn more at www.arrow.com.
Our strategic direction of guiding innovation forward is expressed as Five Years Out, a way of thinking about the tangible future to bridge the gap between what's possible and the practical technologies to make it happen. Learn more at https://www.fiveyearsout.com/.
For more job opportunities, please visit https://careers.arrow.com/us/en.
Location:IN-Bangalore, India (Midford Crescent) GESC
Time Type:Full time
Job Category:Information Technology
For any great company, the biggest asset is its people. Arrow Electronics is no exception. Our global workforce of over 18,000 employees in many locations around the globe, strive each day to deliver the products and services that create value for our customers and suppliers worldwide.
Arrow is an award-winning Fortune 200 company and a global provider of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow offers many challenging and rewarding career opportunities for motivated individuals who are driven to succeed.
At Arrow, you'll be part of a team dedicated to global growth and innovation in an industry that is changing the world. Plus, we work with state-of-the-art technologies and some of the biggest players in the industry. You have the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary for personal advancement and gain visibility through shared leadership with peers and management. At Arrow, we'll encourage you to develop your talents and discover new challenges every day.
Arrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.