In April 2021, G4S, a London-based global security company, was acquired by Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company that provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions. We are building an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports and celebrates a diverse workplace. We offer more than just a job—we offer careers. We have countless examples of individuals who began their careers as Security Professionals that today hold positions on our senior leadership team. Hiring Bonuses are being offered in select locations. Start your phenomenal career with us today!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S /Allied Universal., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Access control for the facility/area
- Present a polished, professional, customer-friendly image at all times
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents and to deescalate
- Patrolling and following protocols as per the post orders, which may include indoor or outdoor patrols, manage the movement of guests at various points throughout the property etc.
- Ensure that the facility’s safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site Emergencies
- Undertake site-specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Manager
- Demonstrate good judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous record-keeping, report writing, observation skills excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate/monitor security room equipment, Completion of site required training
G4S is the world's leading international security solutions group, with more than 50,000 employees across the United States and Canada
Offering a unique combination of personnel, project management, risk management, and technology solutions, G4S focuses on advancing the safety and security of businesses and Governments, ensuring the security of key assets—people, property, products and reputation.
G4S Secure Solutions in North America encompasses a range of business units which together provide the opportunity for truly integrated services to Government and the business sector.
- G4S Secure Solutions (USA) is a leading provider of integrated security solutions in the United States
- G4S Regulated Security Solutions (RSS) is a leading provider to customers in the specialized fields of commercial nuclear and petro-chemical facilities
- G4S Nuclear Security Services Corporation (NSSC) is the worldwide leader in the field of detection and assessment systems for high level security facilities in the United States
- G4S Youth Services LLC provides governments with safe, secure, and effective programs that address the needs of delinquent and troubled youth
- G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd works in partnership with governments, businesses and organizations to provide integrated security solutions in Canada
G4S Technology provides integrated systems and security solutions, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organizations and high security Government facilities.
G4S Compliance & Investigations is a global leader in fraud abatement solutions and corporate compliance needs.
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | Vancouver,
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | North Vancouver,
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | Surrey,
Honeywell | North Vancouver,
Bureau Veritas | Blaine, Washington
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | Abbotsford,
Cummins Inc | Surrey,
Clean Harbors & Safety-Kleen | Delta,
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | Richmond,
Clean Harbors & Safety-Kleen | Delta,