This position is responsible for generating and increasing residential mortgage lending market share, with a primary focus on the Premium Customer (i.e. premier and advance) segment, through origination of high quality residential mortgage loans within HSBC's marketing area while ensuring high customer service levels. Fosters, manages and expands relationships with Premier customer segment.
The successful candidate for this role will initially join HSBC, and then is expected to join Citizens Bank in a comparable role as part of a transfer of business in late 2021 or early 2022.Please discuss this with the hiring manager if you have any questions.
Impact on the Business
- Attain individual mortgage and Premium loan production goals while maintaining Company standards related to application to funding thresholds.
- Operate within annual budgeted expense guidelines, including travel and entertainment, marketing/network functions, etc.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell and/or refer HSBC specialists to provide additional financial tools and services to support client needs in pursuit of efforts to establish and/or broaden client relationship with HSBC.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with appropriate centers of influence to drive origination activities, including, but are not limited to Premier Relationship Managers, realtors, builders, attorneys, Financial Advisors and other external sources.
- Counsel customers on various types of mortgage financing, choosing a program best suited to their needs; complete mortgage application, follow through to closing and resolve any problems, while ensuring salability (as applicable) and compliance with proscribed guidelines.
- Support, endorse and contribute to team environment in serving assigned bank branches.
- Collaborate with Premier Relationship Managers, Financial Advisors, etc. to identify and deliver financial solutions to meet our customers' needs
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
- Operating within a continuously changing market due to regulatory constraints.
- Adapting to strategic changes implemented by HSBC
- Incumbents in this role operate within a large marketing area and are not assigned to work from a specific location, rather, their office is their entire marketing area.
- Incumbents in this role operate autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Incumbents in this role are available to conduct business, as appropriate, on a 24/7/365 schedule
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Function as the first line of defense in relation to potential fraudulent activity on the part of the customer.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- An incumbent in this job/code is considered 'covered' under the Federal Reserve Bank Guidance on Sound Incentive Compensation Policies. As such, incumbents in the role can expect to abide by the required objective(s) for this role as a means to ensure Risk remains balanced and is managed appropriately.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Minimum of two years proven mortgage and customer service experience or equivalent is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field preferred.
- Strong sales, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agency (Fannie Mae/ Freddie Mac) guidelines for standard conventional mortgage lending programs as well as applicable affordable housing financing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of HUD insured (FHA/VA) mortgage products and programs preferred.
- Experience with portfolio and relationship lending is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of financial services products and services preferred.
- Incumbents in this role must successfully register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) and must obtain a unique identifier through the registry that will be provided to consumers with whom the incumbent interacts. In addition, incumbents in this role must successfully renew their registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) annually.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Our global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
Whether you are looking for a first job or taking the next step in your career, we offer many ways for you to realise your ambitions. Come and work with us and you'll have opportunities to make connections all over the world and help build the bank for the future.
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email email@example.com.
Join our Talent Community today! https://hsbc.avature.net/su/efbe2e86d4b0c30d
HSBC | Fort Lee, New Jersey
HSBC | New York, New York
HSBC | Yonkers, New York
HSBC | Garden City, New York
HSBC | New York, New York
HSBC | New Rochelle, New York
HSBC | New York, New York