Areas of Interest
North Vancouver - British Columbia - Canada, Vancouver - British Columbia - Canada, West Vancouver - British Columbia - Canada
CBRE Group, Inc. is the largest commercial real estate services and investment firm in the world. It is based in Los Angeles, California and operates more than 450 offices worldwide and has clients in more than 100 countries. We are ranked #214 on the Fortune 500 and have been included in the Fortune 500 in every year since 2008. We receive business from 90 of the top 100 companies on the Fortune 100
Services provided by the company include facilities management services to occupiers of commercial real estate as well as property management, leasing, capital markets, appraisal, and brokerage services to owners of commercial real estate. The CBRE Global Investors division sponsors real estate investments via investment funds and direct investments that it manages. As of December 31, 2016, the division had $86.6 billion in assets under management.
NOTE - This position is a Real Estate Project Management role and you must have direct and extensive experience in Real Estate projects.
CBRE is currently seeking an exceptional, experienced, and dynamic individual to join our real estate Project Management team. As an industry leader in Project Management, we are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirt, endless initiative, a passion for real estate, and who drives for continuous improvement. Project Management needs to be your career, and not just a job for you, and you must be passionate about creating outstanding office workplace environments for your clients.
The successful Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for delivering and overseeing unique and highly customized project solutions to our client to the highest of quality and customer service standards. These projects will include office tenant fit-out or tenant improvement (TI) projects in Vancouver and surrounding regions, and general real estate related building renovation and new development type construction projects including new builds and building extensions. Resource will support a portfolio or projects in the region, so ability to multi-task, prioritize and successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously will be key. Acting as an "Owner's Representative", you will be responsible for achieving the highest of quality of customer service standards using the processes, technology and tools that are the hallmark of CBRE projects. CBRE PM's exhibit CBRE's RISE Values (Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence) in all manners of their daily activity. Your client will be TELUS Communications Inc. - a diverse, highly branded organization with a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness as a cornerstone of their award-winning culture.
You will often liaise with the client as part of the process, and create a customized delivery solution, procuring the most suitable design and construction team, and managing the entire end to end process. Your projects will include a wide range and size of tenant improvement projects, monitoring of base building construction on ground-up projects, major restacks and renovations. Reporting to the Director of Project Management, you will be working in a dynamic team of project management professionals dedicated to the TELUS account.
As a Senior Project Manager, you may be responsible for delegating tactical and administrative project functions to junior team members, and coach them through procurement, contracts, management, project delivery, and communication techniques. To do this, you must have extensive office commercial project management experience in your background.
- Acts as primary interface with various clients for the delivery of assigned projects starting at the earliest stage of the project.
- Manage the project life cycle for assigned projects using the PMI-based process from initiation, planning, design, implementation, and project close out.
- Manages multiple mid to large-sized complex projects with a typical value between of $100,000 to $15m.
- Ideally you have experience in delivering multiple projects greater than 40,000 square feet.
- Develops comprehensive project budgets, schedules, scopes and risk logs using CBRE's tools.
- Assembles and manages the design and implementation team to ensure projects are being delivered within budget, on schedule and at the expected level of service delivery.
- Procures and manages all external service providers (consultants/contractors and technical resources) required to deliver the project, including proposal and tender analysis.
- Negotiates changes in scope, timing and deliverables with external consultants and client.
- Manages all aspects of assigned projects using CBRE's PMI-based software tool Kahua.
- Assists in the development and expansion of the consultant/contractor resource base.
- Ensures health & safety and quality management requirements are met for projects delivered in the region.
- Performs site visits as required for tendering and construction for review of the work and to resolve issues on site.
- Performs close-out activities related to project records and financial aspects of the project.
- Successfully manages the client relationship and expectations through clear communications to minimize disruptions and ensure client satisfaction.
- Reporting project status weekly to your client as required.
- Contributes to the program's process improvement and best practices.
- Creates and tracks the value and cost savings created for your clients.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standards to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, contracts, surveys, and drawings.
- Minimum of 12 years of related project management experience in a multi-discipline construction environment with demonstrated leadership of contractors, consultants and vendors
- Minimum 7 years demonstrated experience in delivering office tenant improvement projects
- You must be client facing and a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing, and comfortable presenting to client executives
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen to closely manage all aspects of the project's budgets, including budget development, manage budget refinement through Class D to A estimates, on-demand and monthly spend tracking and variance reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer service/client relations and various stakeholders.
- Strong experience in the interpretation and administration of codes, legislative regulations, procurement policies and industry standards and laws relating to the delivery of construction projects.
- Very good knowledge of real estate development (municipal approvals, site selection, etc), workplace strategy, project planning, estimating, scheduling, interior and base building construction techniques, restaurant equipment, leasing and contract administration.
- Requires strong understanding of the Real Estate industry and how project management is key to the successful delivery of a project. Prior exposure to real estate leasing transactions, architectural or interior design processes, contracts and procurement, and the ability to read and comprehend design and construction drawings is mandatory.
- Prior experience with development processes on major projects including permit applications, land acquisitions, rezoning would be considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills in such areas as Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn software quickly for CBRE's project management information system, Kahua.
- Excellent budgeting and financial reporting experience including the ability to prepare accurate rough-order of magnitudes (ROMs) with limited information during site selections and production of pre-tender estimates.
- Valid Class '5' B.C. driver's license is mandatory and must be able to travel across the province as required to deliver projects.
- PMP certification strongly preferred and/or related certifications in architectural/engineering technology (e.g. P.Eng, B.Tech, etc)
- LEED accreditation is an asset.
- Post-secondary college or university education in Project Management, Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Planning, Construction Management or industry-related field or equivalent experience in lieu.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2019 revenue). The company has more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 530 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com .
We are in particular need of Building Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Managers. Folks that have current hands on experience with HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, PLC’s, robotics, conveyor systems, carpentry, automation, controls and/or general maintenance. And we need Managers that can direct these employees.
We have job openings in many locations here in the US. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including some matching 401K, vacation, etc. All our jobs are full-time and permanent.
CBRE | North Vancouver,
CBRE | Vancouver,
CBRE | Vancouver,
CBRE | Vancouver,
CBRE | Vancouver,
CIBC | Vancouver,
Parsons Corporation | Burnaby,
The Boeing Company | Vancouver,
CBRE | Vancouver,
CBRE | Vancouver,