About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website.
The Consumer & Small Business Banking Technology is a customer-focused organization that delivers the next generation of payments capabilities; advances digital offerings; enables innovation to develop new customer experiences and products; and enhances digital channels, branches, contact centers, and ATM technologies. We are an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas, including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending. Our market positions are an outcome of great work by employees who are committed to serving our customers.
About the Role
This is a technical hands-on management position primarily responsible for application development and project delivery for a portfolio of applications within Digital Payments team This is a player - coach role, which encompasses people management, technical/ functional expertise, and relationship/ stakeholder management. This Application development manager position includes overseeing technical analysis, modern web design, development, unit testing, and product quality assurance throughout the entire software development life cycle.
- Build a payment system that is highly scalable and able to give the customers a personalised experience
- Oversee the architecture, design and integration of payment platform to achieve hyper growth
- Build a strong technology team for development and delivery of high performing payment products
- Work with product managers in understanding the business roadmap and help develop compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Interpret BRDs & functional specification documents and design technical and quality specifications.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage multi-release multi-complexity projects.
- Accountable for the overall delivery for the product / application - ensuring quality of code and adherence to committed timelines.
- Work closely with engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for application development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work managing the schedules.
- Provide technical/coding direction and guidance on complex logic, being hands-on with technical design & development.
- Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts, wherever needed
- Interact effectively and manage partnership with Stateside Partners to deliver successful business results based on Technology requirements.
- Closely work with the Technology Leads, Application Architects for the safety and soundness of the assigned applications work on delivering Proof of Concepts, generate ideas for Continuous Process Improvements
- Responsible for developing people and manage Talent effectively
- Managing overall performance of the team members and ensure to build and sustain high performance work culture
- Hiring the right talent to meet the business needs
- Ensure costs within budget and optimal resource mix to help achieve the financial goals.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent and Must have 15+ Years of overall experience and proven record of leading and managing a minimum size of 15+ Technology Team members
- Very strong Full stack development and Architecture experience using Java, Spring, Micro-services, Architecture & Design Patterns & Cloud Platform enablement.
- Strong hands-on experience of working with and buildout of transformational agile teams for enterprise scale application development.
- Technology-oriented, experience managing products with technical complexity and interdependencies.
- Ability to deliver and engage with partners effectively in a multi-cultural matrix environment by demonstrating co-ownership and accountability in a matrix structure.
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Should possess Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively across organizational lines and with virtual team members.
- Provide effort estimates, identify resource needs, and enforce project and delivery standards.
- Create accurate project plans, schedules, and ensure efficient allocation of resources.
- Create visibility of technology delivery through reporting / metrics for EGS leadership.
- Strong demonstrated people development skills to hire, coach, develop, and mentor team members.
- Ability to deal with ambiguities effectively (Technology, People, Process or Partner).
- Proficiency with Agile and Devops practices and toolchain.
- Experience analyzing metrics and articulating data trends.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 63992
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.