ABC Supply, the nation’s largest wholesale distributor of exterior and interior building products, is looking for talented, enthusiastic sales professionals who love to build relationships, promote great products, and deliver world-class service. In this role, you will sell residential and commercial building materials to contractor customers and strategically build new relationships with prospective customers in the industry. Outside Sales Representatives at ABC Supply have exclusive sales tools to enhance their success in business-to-business selling, and they have high earning potential.
ABC Supply is proud to be an employee-first company. In fact, we have won the Gallup Great Workplace Award every year since its inception in 2007, and Glassdoor has named us one of the best places to work in the country. Be part of a company that recognizes your talents, rewards your efforts, and helps you reach your full potential. At ABC Supply, we have YOUR future covered.
Specific duties may include:
- Cultivating and managing customer relationships
- Utilizing sales reports and other data to recognize sales opportunities in customer buying patterns
- Making cold calls to prospective customers
- Following sales leads and scheduling appointments with prospective customers
- Following up with customers and providing solutions, should a service concern arise
- Providing training to customers and their teams on various product lines and services
- Assisting customers in the credit application process
- Connecting with customers to ensure that past due bills are paid and collect payments when necessary
Specific qualifications include:
- College degree (Business, Sales or other related field) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specific industry knowledge, including both familiarity with product lines and the overall building contractor process, is preferred but not required
- Must have valid driver’s license, own reliable transportation, be able to pass MVR check, and vehicle insurance must meet company’s requirements
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Superior time management and organization skills
ABC Supply values hard work and dedication and rewards its associates with an excellent compensation package. In addition to a competitive pay and commission structure, Outside Sales Representatives receive a comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flex spending
- Vehicle allowance
- Expense account
- Paid holidays and paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
ABC Supply is recognized as one of the greatest workplaces worldwide. In fact, we are one of only three companies to receive the Gallup Great Workplace Award every year since its inception in 2007, and Glassdoor has named us one of the best places to work in the country. ABC has a strong culture which is built upon seven core values: Respect. Opportunity. Work Hard - Have Fun. Entrepreneurial Spirit. Give Back. American Pride. Our most valued investment is our people, and we are committed to providing them the opportunity to do what they love every day.
ABC Supply offers various career choices within each branch location. Opportunities range from delivery drivers and warehouse roles, to sales professionals and management positions. Because we focus on teamwork, training, internal promotion, and associate engagement, you are able to realize your career goals and define your future. Be part of a company that recognizes your talents, rewards your efforts and helps you reach your full potential. At ABC Supply, we have your future covered.
WE VALUE THE VETERAN EXPERIENCE
We understand how difficult it can be to find a job you love after time served in the military. At ABC Supply, we’re committed to helping veterans transition into positions that use their military experience and set them up for fulfilling, lifelong careers with a team that has their back.
OUR VETERAN HIRING PLEDGE
Each year, we strengthen our workforce with hundreds of military veteran hires. Our partnership with RecruitMilitary marks a shared commitment to hiring U.S. military veterans, and our work with RecruitMilitary brings that pledge to life. We encourage veteran career seekers to connect with us at RecruitMilitary job fairs across the nation to discuss what ABC Supply can do for you.
FINDING THE RIGHT FIT
From Management roles to driving positions, we offer a variety of opportunities for veterans to leverage skills earned in the military. Depending on your driving experience, we may even be able to help fast-track your commercial driver's license and expedite your new career. Check out our open positions to the right for more information and to apply!
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an ABC Supply job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on ABC Supply’s career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on ABC Supply’s career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once ABC Supply reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
ABC Supply | Columbus, Ohio
ABC Supply | Columbus, Ohio
Mondelez International | Westerville, Ohio
AT&T | Columbus, Ohio
Combined Insurance | , Ohio
Spectrum | Columbus, Ohio
AT&T | Columbus, Ohio