Improve business and family comfort, protection and productivity
Purpose of the Job
- Support, maintain and improve production equipment to maximize manufacturing availability.
- To maintain production equipment to ensure maximum uptime target of >95% availability.
- To promptly identify root cause of equipment failure and implement subsequent repair.
- To manage an existing Planned Maintenance system, perform tasks to predetermined schedule, identifying potential operator owned tasks to sustain process uptime & maximize capacity.
- To manage PM system & calibration of production ATE systems.
- To manage gas regulator servicing and repair.
- To identify & ensure sufficient spares are available to provide adequate response time regarding component failure
- To specify and implement improvements to the production process or equipment to achieve cost, productivity or quality benefits.
- To ensure process, equipment and ergonomic risk assessments are completed where necessary.
- Ensuring timely completion of HSE actions
- To write technical documents to define procedures, including cell maintenance instructions including defining of TPM schedules
- To liaise with identified external partners/vendors regarding technical aspects of production equipment and spares.
- To design or detail necessary jigs and fixtures.
- Ensuring timely completion of Kaizen ideas
Principal Networks & Contact Links
- Supervisors and Team leaders
- Manufacturing / Quality Engineers
- Vendors regarding technical information, spares & repairs
- Tool-makers regarding spares
Geographic Scope & Travel Requirements
- Portsmouth – Travel for training / supplier visits only, as required
Key Performance Measures
- Production uptime
- Equipment Roll Through Yield
- HSE action rail
- Kaizen idea action rail
Hours of Work
- Shift hours will be Earlies: Monday to Thursday 06:00 to 14:00 + Friday 06:00 to 14:00Lates: Monday to Thursday 14:00 to Midnight (total 37 hrs/wk)
- Literacy and Numeracy.
- A broad range of qualifications may be acceptable; however, it is envisaged that there should be a sound Engineering background with a demonstrable ability, ideally supported by a recognized Mechanical or Electrical apprenticeship. An ONC/HNC in an Engineering discipline would be advantageous.
- Computer literate – experience with MS Office.
- Electrical installation qualification to a Minimum of 17th Edition desirable.
Work Experience Required
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a medium to high volume production environment will be required.
Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required
- Practical experience with a hands-on and methodical approach to mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis/analysis with the ability to use diagnostic tools/equipment.
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external suppliers both on technical matters and general levels
- Proven working knowledge of assembly automation including diagnosing pneumatic system logic
- Previous experience of installation/testing, & fault finding of electrical systems and Experience of PLC program and control system interrogation would be an advantageous.
Behavioral Competencies Required
- Essential to be a team player.
- Ability to gain assistance from fellow employees
- Organizational skills required.
- Open minded / flexible / adaptable.
- Good timekeeper / reliable.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Leading package along with continuous development opportunities.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- JOB ID: HRD127098
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Walton Road,Portsmouth,HAMPSHIRE,PO6 1SZ,United Kingdom