Commodity Business Manager - Facilities Category
As a Commodity/Category Management at Applied Materials, you support regional key business leadership and deliver company-wide support for all related sourcing initiatives. Commodity Managers are expected to maintain the highest level of partnership, innovation, efficiency, and compliance supporting the companies’ mission to “Make Possible”.
Global General Procurement (G2P) is a Global support organization, procuring the goods, services and contingent workforce required for Applied Materials to run the company and enable our employees to support our customers.
The sourcing categories you will lead will include Facilities Management Services, Gases and Chemicals, Real Estate, Equipment, Equipment Maintenance, Construction and site expansions. In addition, this role will act as a country lead for Singapore, providing support as needed in the business services and IT categories, with support from category leads in the United States. The anticipated split in this role will be 70% facilities-focused activities, and 30% work in other categories.
You will lead the client relationship management aspect and team engagement of the commodities you oversee. In this capacity you will consolidate the commodity-based strategies for the region into a cohesive category-based strategy working with executive leadership and G2P Country Focals. You will help to solve high value problems for our clients related to engagement with suppliers, contracts, scope of work development and spend aggregation across the enterprise as well as scaling these solutions for Applied.
You will learn Applied Materials overall businesses and become a trusted advisor to partner with and guide your sourcing team and the internal customers in their Sourcing decisions. You will take care of overall Global General Procurement needs at Country level.
- Responsible for collaborating with other country leads in the Asia Pacific region to develop and own the category strategy for regional facilities, equipment and construction. You will partner with country leads in Taiwan, China, Korea, India and Japan to develop a cohesive supply management strategy that will feed into the overall global category strategy.
- Responsible to execute all aspects of the sourcing process, from spend management, opportunity assessments, category strategy, contracts, negotiations & RFx/vendor evaluation/selection, supplier performance/relationship management and business reviews.
- Help drive the transformation of Sourcing value proposition through implementation of best practices.
- Partner with stakeholder leadership to develop and execute on all aspects of strategic sourcing and procurement within your commodity/category.
- Drive client relationships at all levels, including leadership, to enable successful sourcing partnership with the business, key stakeholders, budget owners.
- Lead the execution and support the development and enhancement of global category best practices, processes and standardization.
- Perform detailed spend analysis and study trends utilizing market intelligence and industry research to identify and solve potential high value problems, and continually seek new opportunities for innovation for your category.
- Partner closely with the business in the development of supplier award scenarios and recommendations for evaluation considerations and decision-making.
- Drive resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
- Support the business in spend management projects that accomplish key objectives like savings, process effectiveness, supplier consolidation & management, risk reduction & management, improved visibility and control of expenditures.
- Collaborate with suppliers, budget owners, FP&A, accounting, legal and real estate to ensure appropriate review, approvals, transactions and according documentation is in order to support compliance and due diligence while developing and standardizing business processes to improve scalability and sustainability
- Travel will be required 25- 35% as appropriate for the support of your suppliers and stakeholders once travel restrictions are lifted.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with executives in a matrixed organization to influence and drive change, partnership and collaborate with partners in a personable, approachable manner.
- Communicate in a clear, concise and timely manner (both verbal and written) to operate and collaborate effectively as a leader, manager and team player.
- Have exceptional customer service and people management skills.
- Experience managing people remotely and ability to leverage technology and influence appropriately in a remote and global working environment.
- Experience working on a global scale with a variety of cultures as well as coordination with global tax entities, regional financial controls and government regulations.
- Demonstrated ability and passion to dissect/solve problems with an organized, fact based, data driven, rigorous approach.
- Creative problem solver and negotiator.
- Thrive when multi-tasking and work best in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Confident managing multiple projects and timelines within deadline.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Resourceful with a strong work ethic, committed to complete and excellent execution of projects and objectives.
- Tech savvy and have a strong interest in working with technology
- 10+ years of related experience in the facilities sourcing commodities. Experience negotiating with suppliers in the sourcing/procurement function in construction, facilities service management, capital equipment
- Experience negotiating construction contract for high-tech manufacturing and cleanroom process lab spaces is a plus
- Experience in new product development is helpful
- Familiarity with procurement software (including systems like SAP SRM, Ariba, SAP Fieldglass, Oracle, ServiceNow, Scout), approval workflows, purchasing policy development and contracts.
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills. Tableau skills highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an analytical focus (Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, etc.) and/or Procurement, Supply Chain, Project Management and/or relevant industry certification(s).
At Applied Materials, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to improve collaboration and partnerships with your stakeholders.
Years of Experience:10 - 15 Years
Travel:Yes, 20% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
Honeywell | Singapore,
CBRE | Singapore,
Honeywell | Singapore,
CBRE | Singapore,
Applied Materials | ,