Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell International has an opportunity available for an energetic and enthusiastic Technical Coordinator to join our team. This position will work closely with large commercial customers throughout O‘ahu and Maui to implement a Demand Response program.
This program enables utility customers to automatically reduce their electrical demand during periods of peak pricing or strained system capacity, also known as automated demand response or Auto DR. The position will be responsible for facilitating Auto Demand Response projects at customer sites, coordinating and managing all of the site work utilizing subcontractors and training customers on Auto DR.
· Acts as a liaison between customers and vendors.
· Provides customer support during the entire implementation process
· Serves as a technical resource, coordinating the technical activities required to automate DR load shed at customer sites
· Work with control contractor to design sequence of operation
· Work with control contractors to ensure understanding of scope and requirements of the system installation
· Help customer select and contract 3rd party controls contractor/vendor for Auto-DR systems
· Conduct formal test of the Auto DR system
· Provide any necessary administrative and technical support as needed for customers for integration and ongoing
· Provide training to the customer on how to use the auto DR system
· Work with facility managers and engineers to develop a mutually agreed upon load shed strategy for each audited facility
· Able to work professionally with and support facility managers and engineers
· Experience with building management systems (BMS) including, but not limited to, lighting, HVAC equipment and systems, hot water systems and other sources of energy consumption within commercial and industrial facilities
· Information technology (IT) – Basic knowledge to coordinate with site IT manager regarding firewall access, internet connectivity, and other issues related to implementing a Demand Response strategy.
· Familiar with reading blueprints (architectural, electrical, and mechanical — including equipment schedules)
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelors Degree or 2+ years of experience in a technical coordination role associated with Auto DR customers
· 2+ years of direct experience within the Automated Building Solutions and/or Energy Industry
· Valid U.S. driver's license
· Excellent team and communication skills
· An ability to take initiative and work with limited direction
· An ability to influence across a broader organization
- JOB ID: HRD124920
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 220 S King St,Suites 1460 1465 1470 Central,Honolulu,Hawaii,96813,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
ABC Supply | Honolulu, Hawaii
The Boeing Company | Kaneohe, Hawaii
BrightSpring Health Services | Honolulu, Hawaii
DSA | Honolulu, Hawaii
QTC Management | Honolulu, Hawaii
Johnson Controls, Inc. | Honolulu, Hawaii
Sunrun, Inc. | Waipahu, Hawaii
Alion Science and Technology | Halawa, Hawaii
BrightSpring Health Services | Waipahu, Hawaii
NCR Corporation | Honolulu, Hawaii