Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster? Interested in generating analytical insights that inform provider networks and engagement strategies that support members on their individualized health and wellness journey? Aetna's Provider & Network Analytics team delivers strategically impactful programs and tools that expand convenient access to high-quality and affordable care for all members across multiple channels across all stages of life.
At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build industry-leading analytics, data, and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. This position will play a critical role within a cross-functional team, delivering powerful solutions that inform network strategy and design, improve network performance and provider engagement, develop new provider offerings, and enhance consumer experience.
You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative team, helping solve problems, drive impact, and deliver key insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine & deep learning, and predictive modeling techniques. You will derive meaning from data and deploy robust solutions through provider-directed engagement channels (e.g., digital) that helps consumers identify affordable care, when they need it, and with whom.
• Provides strategic leadership for the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools.
• Acts as the analytic team lead for highly complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
• Leads development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
• Establishes analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
• Manages highly complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
• Applies in-depth knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise. Motivates team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same.
• Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies.
• Provides guidance to develop enterprise-wide analytics strategy and roadmap.
• Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
Background & Experience Required
• 10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
• Expertise in advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Expertise in innovating and implementing novel machine learning techniques.
• Comprehensive knowledge on health care industry, products, systems, business strategies and products.
• Demonstrates advanced in-depth specialization in mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling.
• Superior ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
• Anticipates and solves strategic and high-risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
• Superior skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
• Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."