Drivers will be responsible for reporting to work with required PPE at time directed by dispatcher, properly filling out time / load sheets, log book, Vehicle Condition Reports, performing required DOT pre-trip inspections, etc.
The following is an outline of your daily duties:
- Drive truck under loading hopper, chock wheel, fill water tank on truck.
- Obtain delivery ticket and directions to job from dispatcher.
- Drive truck out from under plant to the slump rack.
- Wash down exterior of truck and add appropriate amount of water to get correct slump per the delivery ticket.
- If applicable add fiber, calcium, color or any other necessary admix.
- Drive truck safely to job site,
- Walk job to check for hazards, position truck, hang necessary chutes and pour out.
- Completely fill out delivery ticket including water added on job, time, etc.
- Get delivery ticket signed and give copy to customer.
- Wash down and re-hang chutes on truck.
- Drive truck back to a plant as directed by the dispatcher to repeat process.
This is not an over the road truck driving job. You will be required to drive short distances and climb in and out of the truck repeatedly throughout the day
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Work Environment - while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Company, Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; adhere to company work rules, safety rules & policies, Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation;
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Commercial driving experience
- Valid Class B Commercial Drivers License
- Ability to perform the essential functions of a mixer driver
Educational Background Preferred:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Position requires strong communication and customer service skills. Flexibility is essential, as the position requires varied working hours.
It is an exciting time to work in the building materials sector. The world is facing a process of rapid urbanization accompanied by increased pressure on strategic resources (water, raw materials, energy). As the new leader of our industry, LafargeHolcim is seeking to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent to help us meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We need people eager to grow to their full potential while delivering value to our shareholders, customers, and society in general. Read more: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/join-us-help-world-build-better
Follow us: @LafargeHolcim on Twitter | LafargeHolcim on Facebook
BrightSpring Health Services | Buffalo, New York
FedEx Ground | Blasdell, New York
LafargeHolcim | Lockport, New York
L&W Supply | Depew, New York
Avis Budget Group | Buffalo, New York
Avis Budget Group | Buffalo, New York
AT&T | Tonawanda, New York
CentiMark | Tonawanda, New York
Clean Harbors & Safety-Kleen | Lackawanna, New York
Sysco | Bowmansville, New York