Shift: Monday- Friday 7am-3:30pm
Compensation: $17/hour + up to $1000 in bonuses
Job Summary and Purpose:
The Lab Technician I provides support in the manufacture of vaccines through performance of cell, viral and bacterial culture processes.
Responsibilities and Key Duties:
- Conduct and/or assist with small and large scale non-viral and viral tissue culture and aerobic and anaerobic bacterial culture operations using antibiotic free media and/or perform observation, inoculation, harvest, inactivation, precipitation, decantation, and storage processes in accordance with approved procedures
- Perform inactivated fraction, modified live virus, and live virus antigen pooling and bulking procedures
- Assist with and/or perform daily observation and documentation of viral and/or bacterial cultures
- Assist with and/or create primary cell cultures in antibiotic free media
- Conduct all post lyophilization activity, including removal of product from the lyophilizer, capping, inventory, storage, and equipment cleaning
- Operate and/or assist with the operation of the lyophilizer
- Prepare solutions and equipment
- Conduct filling procedures for inactivated, modified live virus, and/or diluent products
- Disinfect and clean laboratories and equipment
- Maintain frozen seed inventory
- Freeze new cell passages as directed
- Maintain a record of limited instances of deviations due to “negligence”
- Perform duties in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and make suggestions for changes as needed
- Accurately complete all necessary documentation in accordance with good documentation practices
- Perform general housekeeping of halls, airlocks, laboratories, storage areas, and equipment
- Additional duties as assigned
- Solutions out of complexity - Work to evolve immediate environment
- Client focus - Make sure needs and requests are treated equally and in a positive way
- Collaborate with empathy - Fully takes part in the working group to share information, listens to others and have a clear idea of the decisions taken
- Engage and develop - Open to share knowledge and to receive feedback from others
- Drive ambition and accountability - Ensure accuracy of work with the use of KPI's and a responsible commitment
- Influence others - Show structure and confidence while speaking
Technical / Functional Competencies:
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Knowledge of clean room behavior and aseptic technique
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Education – undergraduate degree in biology or a related field preferred but not required
Work Experience – Previous laboratory work preferred but not required
- Able to read, write legibly and understand English
- Frequent repetitions of squatting, bending, reaching and twisting
- Frequent standing for long periods of time
- Lifting up to 55 pounds and greater (with team lift)
- Frequent repetition of wrist and shoulder rotations
- Dexterity: frequent fine motor movements
- Visual inspection in order to compare to color standards
Clean room manufacturing laboratory in dedicated and sterile full suit gowns, including face mask
Egg and fermentation production laboratory with exposure to warm to cold temperature extremes
Interested? Apply now!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.