NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: Field Service Technician II
LOCATION: Barrie, ON
As a Field Service Technician, you are part of our services support team and your passion for providing exceptional customer service contributes to our world class high level of customer satisfaction. Acting as a first line response to customers on-site in your assigned territory you will communicate in an open, helpful, and engaging manner with your focus being finding the right solution with each customer.
You will connect with our customers to address questions and resolve various problems on-site (some uncommon), knowing when and who to turn to for support. You will organize, triage customer issues, and even handle some problems before they start. No matter the situation, your formal training (provided through NCR) will allow you to provide customers what they need when they need it. Additionally, you will always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take, escalate issues, and serve as an ambassador for the NCR brand. Your goal is to keep our customers completely assured and satisfied through your technical expertise and consistent and constant communication.
Exceptional at communicating with customers (by maintaining strong relationships, handling problems before they start, and making sure customers have what they need when they need it). In fact, that's your specialty. Oh, and you have some great formal training (or considerable experience) in tech systems and know the ins and outs of products like large servers, mainframe computers, and imaging software.
Sounds familiar (and exciting!)? You'd be an excellent fit as our newest Field Service Technician II (FST II). In this role, you'll work on a wide range of high-level procedures and activities, applying attention to detail and keen accuracy while resolving various uncommon problems, knowing when and who to turn to for support. And when things must get done, you'll always lend your manual skills to resolve technical problems.
What makes this more exciting? Knowing that it's all to help make life easier for people all over the world, through more than 550 million transactions every day. Our clients are restaurants, shops, banks, and airports. They come to us for software, hardware, and services. Your skills make sure we can assist them in the ways they need it the most.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Service electromechanical equipment like ATMs and self-checkout systems within an assigned territory-with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
- Perform hardware maintenance, installation, network management, multi-vendor maintenance, and software support.
- Unleash your manual skills on products like peripherals, large system printers, small and enterprise level servers, communications equipment, networks, and item processing sorters.
- Build great working relationships among colleagues and customers based on our customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs). When issues come up, your job is to respond them by either handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can.
- Perform maintenance repair and system overhauls as a matter of routine (like modular swaps and unit replacements). You'll surely always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take to correct any and all technical problems before they happen.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we're providing the best possible service.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- A fantastic communicator who does everything in your power to meet customers' needs-someone who follows up to make sure you did the work right.
- A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you're asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- Someone looking to tackle an intense but rewarding role. You like responsibility and are outstanding at managing everything and are motivated self-starter who can be depended upon to work efficiently and with little supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid Canadian applicable provincial driver's license (not a learner permit) and clean driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirements
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident - company sponsorship is not available
- Must have valid passport to travel to the US for training.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Essential functions of this position include prolonged travel with driving several hours per day, rotating and weekend shifts, carrying and lifting tools, parts, and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance, bending, squatting, walking, standing, sitting, reaching, working with your hands, and repetitively grasping and manipulating objects of varying size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination for prolonged periods of time
- Up to three years of related experience (but more than that is always a plus).
- A+ Certification, PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and current Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network and systems management systems.
- Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We're talking some nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
- A FST II will be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis. Also, this position conducts work at customer site(s) and local NCR offices.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in banking and commerce solutions, powering incredible experiences that make life easier. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables transactions across financial, retail, hospitality, travel, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
NCR Corporation | Barrie,
Clean Harbors & Safety-Kleen | King,
TJX Companies, Inc. | Newmarket,
TJX Companies, Inc. | Orillia,
Raytheon | Midland,
CBRE | Barrie,
TJX Companies, Inc. | Barrie,
Raytheon | Midland,
TJX Companies, Inc. | Barrie,
Raytheon | Midland,