Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely performance of payroll functions.
Completes and processes bi-weekly payroll and payroll related information, including new hires, terminations, payroll deductions and/or changes, transfers and any other employee payroll-related data for site location.
Tracks and resolves payroll errors for all site employees. Completes payroll adjustments and corrections as necessary.
Ensures that payroll functions are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Assumes responsibility for effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting employee data and human resources information.
Ensures that human resources files and employment records are accurate, organized, and up-to-date, as well as filed and maintained in accordance with legal requirements, Company policies & procedures.
Updates various reports, logs and employee database information for HR or client group organization development records.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Human Resources team, site personnel and with management.
Conducts New Hire Orientation to ensure that all new employees are adequately introduced and informed of all pertinent Company information, policies, procedures, and guidelines, and then accurately processing all completed paperwork, as required.
Provides all new employees with information and forms necessary for enrollment in the Company's benefit program within the first days of employment.
Ensures a consistent flow of communication regarding any changes or other relevant information concerning the employee to HR management and team.
Participates in various company-wide, workforce and Human Resources initiatives addressing areas of employee development, training programs and retention strategies.
Assists in informing site employees of human resource policies and programs as needed.
Assists in implementation and execution of training programs, scheduling attendees, organizing training material, compiling, processing, and recording training assessment and evaluation forms for all site employees.
Assist the HR Manager to implement effective retention strategies, including recognition, employee surveys and performance management systems.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Performs general office support functions and assists the HR team, site management and administrative personnel as necessary.
Assists with questions and problems courteously and professionally.
Provides superior employee administrative support by responding to employment-related inquires, coordinating with related departments and client groups as required, ensuring that all inquiries are quickly addressed and in a timely manner, consistent with the Company's practices.
Performs miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects as assigned.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, coordinate schedules and complete projects.
• Demonstrated high level of accuracy in work with a strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to client groups.
• Collaborative team-player willing to provide assistance and perform various tasks as needed.
• Computer proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook/Publisher) and HRIS software.
• Knowledge and familiarity of the practices and principles of human resources including FMLA, ADA, benefits, employee relations, and providing customer service to various client groups.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employment law and equal employment guidelines and policies.
• Ability to learn various processes and policies quickly to effectively perform tasks and provide support as needed.
• Ability to work effectively with site and corporate HR teams, as well as all levels of employees and management.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance.
• Possesses effective written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and methodical, with ability to efficiently manage time, including the ability to work effectively under pressure and deal with multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material and information in an ethical, professional manner.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field.
• 1 or more years of generalist HR or office experience with exposure to employee assistance responsibilities, payroll, benefits administration, employee recognition, training and development programs,
• Experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment not necessary but helpful.
Competencies & Performance Expectations:
• Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
• Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
• Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Coaching: Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
• Stress Tolerance: Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure, or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues; problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Continuous Learning: Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
• Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
James Hardie Industries is the world’s #1 producer and marketer of high-performance fiber cement and fiber gypsum building solutions. We employ a diverse global workforce of approximately 4,800 employees across operations in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines, and generated more than $2.9 billion in net sales during our 2021 financial year. We believe that home is a sanctuary and a canvas for self-expression without compromise. As the trusted innovator and industry leader in the markets where we operate, James Hardie empowers homeowners and building professionals alike to achieve their dream home with premium quality solutions that enable endless possibilities for design and aesthetics, while also delivering trusted protection and long-lasting beauty. Key to this effort is our dedication to our customers, market driven innovation, an inclusive and empowering company culture, and an unwavering commitment to our Zero Harm safety initiative. We also recognize the company’s ability to influence the communities in which we live and work around the world. While operating with a global mindset, we put great care into how our business impacts the local communities in which we operate and serve by sourcing locally, employing locally and delivering locally. Our business is fast-paced, and our people are smart in the way we solve problems, driven in our pursuit of results, and real in the way we build relationships and work together. We have opportunities available in manufacturing and production, sales, marketing, engineering, supply chain, accounting and finance, information technology, and more.
James Hardie | Tacoma, Washington
Parker Hannifin Corporation | Enumclaw, Washington
James Hardie | Tacoma, Washington
Sound Transit | Tacoma, Washington
Accenture | Olympia, Washington
Accenture | Seattle, Washington
Highmark Health | Lower Peninsula, Washington