You're the kind of Electrician who is detail oriented and a drive professional who desires to succeed. You excel at preventative maintenance for your facility and all types of equipment. You're known for your ability to effectively perform tests to determine the root cause of malfunctions. You enjoy a challenging work environment with many benefits and opportunities to develop and grow with in your organization.
Your unique ability to work closely with the Maintenance Manager, Supervisors, Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Engineer and Maintenance Planner, to review work requests and determine objectives of the jobs is exactly the kind of talent we need. And now, you're looking for just the right career opportunity to showcase your talents.
Well then, take a closer look at James Hardie Building Products. As our Electrician based out of ourSummerville, SC plant, you'll be a key member of the electrical team which is responsible for repairs and maintenance for all machinery and equipment such as conveyor systems, hydraulic components, and much more. You'll also work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment where you will have an opportunity to make a difference. This truly is a position where you can determine your own career success.
Implement strategic vision for maintenance and reliability to correct, coordinate, and support plant electrician functions by:
- Observes all production, finishing and support equipment to determine cause of malfunction;
- Performs necessary maintenance to the equipment and machinery to repair or replace the defective parts;
- May perform a variety of electrical/mechanical tests to determine exact cause of issue;
- Perform adjustments and calibration procedures on various forms of process equipment;
- Perform Preventative Maintenance as instructed on all equipment/machinery/facility;
- Initiates purchase requests for parts and supplies;
- Make necessary electrical installations and/or repairs;
- Operates and services plant boiler, autoclaves and other heating, ventilation and air conditioning type equipment;
- Works with each department providing necessary mechanical support to ensure day-to-day maintenance issues are resolved; and
- Maintain a written or electronic log of any highlights occurring during shift coverage.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 5 years Industrial Electrical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must be willing to work a rotating shift;
- Allen Bradley PLC and Wonderware experience is a plus.
- Must have proven experience and ability in mechanical, electrical and electronic maintenance troubleshooting techniques;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate working knowledge of mechanical/electrical principles/concepts;
- Have the ability to read/comprehend instructions given thru electronic/mechanical instruction books;
- Ability to effectively communicate in a one-on-one or small group situation;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Proven ability to work in a safe manner.
- 3 or more years maintenance experience in a continuous operating (24/7) manufacturing environment.
- Strong electrical and mechanical technical knowledge.
- Experience working with a CMMS
James Hardie Industries is the world’s #1 producer and marketer of high-performance fiber cement and fiber gypsum building solutions. We employ a diverse global workforce of approximately 4,800 employees across operations in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines, and generated more than $2.9 billion in net sales during our 2021 financial year. We believe that home is a sanctuary and a canvas for self-expression without compromise. As the trusted innovator and industry leader in the markets where we operate, James Hardie empowers homeowners and building professionals alike to achieve their dream home with premium quality solutions that enable endless possibilities for design and aesthetics, while also delivering trusted protection and long-lasting beauty. Key to this effort is our dedication to our customers, market driven innovation, an inclusive and empowering company culture, and an unwavering commitment to our Zero Harm safety initiative. We also recognize the company’s ability to influence the communities in which we live and work around the world. While operating with a global mindset, we put great care into how our business impacts the local communities in which we operate and serve by sourcing locally, employing locally and delivering locally. Our business is fast-paced, and our people are smart in the way we solve problems, driven in our pursuit of results, and real in the way we build relationships and work together. We have opportunities available in manufacturing and production, sales, marketing, engineering, supply chain, accounting and finance, information technology, and more.
LafargeHolcim | Seattle, Washington
FedEx Ground | Tacoma, Washington
James Hardie | Tacoma, Washington
James Hardie | Tacoma, Washington
Crown Holdings | Olympia, Washington
CBRE | Bremerton, Washington
Cintas Corporation | Puyallup, Washington
Amtrak, National Passenger Corp. | Seattle, Washington
PepsiCo | Kent, Washington
CBRE | Seattle, Washington