The ETM II position will support the USMC Training Aids, Devices, Simulators, and Simulation (TADSS) contract and is contingent upon contract award.
Job duties include:
- Applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals.
- Requires familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments, and is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices.
- Requires limited supervision.
- Performs routine tasks troubleshooting and repairing military simulators, including using tools and test equipment such as multimeters to diagnose faults.
- Replaces components, wiring circuits, and complex repair functions under direction of senior technicians.
- May work independently at remote locations under guidance from senior technicians.
- Applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge and troubleshooting procedures to solve routine problems that typically can be solved by reference to manufacturer manuals and other military technical documentation.
- Applies skills in restoring equipment operations.
- Captures and records accurate and timely maintenance history ensuring that unique corrective measures for work orders and repair are annotated into the Management Information System (MIS).
- Shares maintenance issues and general operations updates with senior technicians.
- May interface with Army customers working at installations; contact company, government and outside agencies to resolve non-standard maintenance issues; and provide technical advice and advanced troubleshooting procedures within established guidelines and company responsibilities.
- Safely operates company vehicle or POV during authorized use on company business.
- Performs operator maintenance on company provided vehicles.
- Supports quality / ISO, security and safety training programs.
- Safeguards all assigned equipment issued by PULAU Corporation against loss, theft, and damage.
- Adheres to Company memoranda, policies and procedures.
- May require cross-training to support additional TADSS training device equipment on the installation.
- 4 years' past experience as an Electronics Technician Maintenance or related position.
- Prefer past work experience with repairing military computer-based simulation devices or related equipment.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and may have to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Possess a valid driver’s license and Post driving privileges.
- Access permit to post by local law enforcement and security agencies.
- Must be able to read and understand manufacturers' manuals or technical documents.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wind, rain, snow, blowing sand or any other inclement weather).
- Must be able to acquire a Government Common Access Card (CAC) for access to specific training systems and to access other installations.
- Must be able to travel on temporary duty to other installations to perform maintenance.
- Must be able to work occasional shift, night, weekend, or holiday hours in support of military training.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft office software operation and use.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Secret Security Clearance, if required.
PULAU is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PULAU has grown from a small manufacturing and repair operation into a diverse, highly responsive company providing a full range of support services to include: program management, operation and maintenance, instructor/operator, logistics and supply chain management, vehicle repair and mantenance, live fire range and shoot house maintenance and training system relocations.
PULAU has over 700 employees worldwide. While our corporate headquarters are located in Orlando, FL the majority of our workforce are located throughout CONUS, South Korea, UAE, Afghanistan and Kuwait. PULAU has a strong foundation of respect for its employees, equal opportunity to all and offers a generous benefit package.