You will join the Arrow Electronics Custom Power Business Unit that is part of the Arrow Electronics Corporate brand. On a daily basis you will lead the teams that design and develop multiple products from the design conception stage to production engineering handover. In this high-visibility role, you’ll need good interpersonal, time management and planning skills as you’ll be required to ensure the designs are developed to SOWs and customer requirements on schedule defined by the Project Manager. We design products for many markets such as defense, aerospace, transportation, industrial and marine throughout EMEA.
The Principal Engineer at Arrow Electronics Custom Power Business Unit typically focuses on:
- Designing and developing of Arrow Custom and semi-custom PSUs. Balancing innovative engineering design, requirements and aesthetic appeal with product safety, cost effectiveness, ease of manufacture, installation and maintainability.
- Designing and testing of power supplies to meet SOW and customer requirements. Ensuring EMI compliance and regulatory approvals conformance.
- Managing prototype development using production engineering resource.
- Being key engineer for all the electrical design and development activities in the NPD process.
- Working with the electrical team to ensure electrical and mechanical designs are integrated together smoothly, and subsequently fully documented and packaged ready for production engineering and manufacture.
- Managing external resources for schematic capture, PCB layout, BOM, component selection, mechanical design, testing and prototypes manufacture.
- Component selection and rationalisation
- Building relationships with our customers and suppliers
- Continuously staying on top of technologies by attending trainings
- Produce concise documentation for design activity, DVT, assembly, build and test documents
What we are looking for:
- The role typically requires 5-10 years’ industry experience
- Great with electronics, loves working on innovative technology that can change our way of living
- Degree in engineering or HND with relevant experience in electronics
- Is proficient in electrical skills such as soldering, crimping, wire stripping, using various electronic test equipment such as DVMs and oscilloscopes.
- Understand DFM principals and experienced in the processes, assembly techniques and testing of electrical and electronic products.
- Competent and comfortable working on live (~400VDC) power electronics
- Creating PCB layouts and selecting appropriate electronic components ensuring designed for manufacture and EMI standards
- Understand limitations for EMI layout constraints for PSU design and development
- CAD packages for schematic capture and PCB layout.
What Is In It For You
- Challenging & diverse area of responsibility
- Provide leadership and direction to engineering and production staff
- Flexible working options
- Exciting diversity of industries and products throughout EMEA
- Travel to customers
- Comprehensive training
Would you like to learn more about Arrow, check out this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNrC3gVR7RM https://www.youtube.com/user/ArrowFiveYearsOut
Location:UK-Swindon, United Kingdom (Faraday Park)
Time Type:Full time
For any great company, the biggest asset is its people. Arrow Electronics is no exception. Our global workforce of over 18,000 employees in many locations around the globe, strive each day to deliver the products and services that create value for our customers and suppliers worldwide.
Arrow is an award-winning Fortune 200 company and a global provider of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow offers many challenging and rewarding career opportunities for motivated individuals who are driven to succeed.
At Arrow, you'll be part of a team dedicated to global growth and innovation in an industry that is changing the world. Plus, we work with state-of-the-art technologies and some of the biggest players in the industry. You have the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary for personal advancement and gain visibility through shared leadership with peers and management. At Arrow, we'll encourage you to develop your talents and discover new challenges every day.
Arrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.