This position pays $18/hour
This is also a TEMP TO HIRE opportunity that is fulltime
Assembler will perform the highest level of work, under direction of a Supervisor/Manager, to accurately produce assemblies and subassemblies to a production schedule. Key responsibilities include performing a variety of precise mechanical, electronic, and opto-electronic assembly techniques on complicated components of Terahertz instrumentation systems. Manual dexterity and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks methodically and accurately are important. Standardized work instructions will be followed for each step of the assembly process. This position is an instrumental part of a manufacturing team that strives to produce the highest quality product, while meeting or exceeding all internal and customer schedules.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for mechanical, electronic, and opto-electronic assembly, in accordance with standard written work instructions.
2. Responsible for in-line inspection of all assembly work performed by self, and touch quality control inspections of work performed by others.
3. Follows Priority Dispatch, Production Control, and management staff direction to maintain production and customer deadlines.
4. Participate in LEAN manufacturing practices.
5. Responsible for maintaining point of use storage of materials in assigned work area.
6. Assists with the creation and maintenance of work instructions and other necessary assembly documents.
7. Responsible for online MES tracking of WIP.
8. Responsible for properly and completely recording required data and other information on production travelers.
9. Maintains such logs and records as Employer may require.
10. Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Entry level position. Previous mechanical hardware assembly, cable/wiring assembly, and soldering experience a plus.
3. Ability to read, understand, and follow written work instructions to produce acceptable assemblies and subassemblies.
4. Must be able to work as a part of a team, using written and oral communication skills to interact with other members of the team.
5. LEAN manufacturing experience a plus.
6. Must be able to work with small hand-tools (screw drivers, wrenches, etc.), as well as precision assembly tools (tweezers, micrometers, etc.).
7. Must have strong ability to stay on task, focus on task at hand, and pay close attention to detail.
8. Ability to stand and/or walk up to 80% of the time; sit and work at an assembly station or computer for as little as 20% of the time; carrying, holding, lifting and reaching may be required. Must be able to handle equipment and/or product weighing up to 50 pounds.
1. Light industrial production environment with little exposure to noise, dust, dirt, temperature and the like.
2. Safety glass eye protection may be required.
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
Kelly | Plymouth Charter Township, Michigan
Kelly | Novi, Michigan
Kelly | Plymouth, Michigan
Kelly | Farmington Hills, Michigan
Kelly | Redford Charter Township, Michigan
Kelly | Tecumseh, Michigan
Kelly | Farmington Hills, Michigan
Kelly | Farmington Hills, Michigan
Kelly | Livonia, Michigan
Kelly | Romulus, Michigan