DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Pharmacy Technician today within Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Pharmacy Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are currently seeking a Full Time Pharmacy Technician to work the Evening Shift - 2:30pm to 11:00pm. Rotating weekend and holidays required.
The Pharmacy Technician promotes teamwork with pharmacists and all health care providers, promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and strives for appropriate resource management. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
- You will be assisting the Pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and medical records.
- You will comply with facility policy and procedures, along with regulatory requirements.
- You will be responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization.
- You will perform quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned.
- You will accurately and safely compound and label medications and parenteral admixtures.
- You will always obtain a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- You will prepare all work records needed for the day at their designated times including the discontinued, transfers, and discharge lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently process these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas.
- You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- You will receive and check in medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notify the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product.
- You will manage drug supplies in a cost-effective manner and identify opportunities to minimize waste.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- An active Registered Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist Intern license in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation is required
- A national certification (CPhT) is preferred
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.