The Firefighter is responsible for protecting lives and property from fire by performing rescue and fire fighting operations that involve fires, vehicle accidents, and natural disasters.
- Perform search, rescue, and firefighting operations involving fires, accidents, floods, bomb incidents, and spillage of dangerous substances
- Safely and efficiently operate emergency response vehicles, equipment, and tools
- Operate hand and power tools to ventilate structures, position and climb ladders, pull hoses from truck bed and connect to hydrant and pump apparatus, and operate water charged hose lines of various sizes to combat fires
- Operate pumps, foam generators, boom and ground sweep nozzles, and other similar equipment
- Perform salvage and overhaul operations to minimize damage
- Participate in station drills and emergency procedures training
- Respond to hazardous materials emergencies in accordance with requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum one (1) year experience in fire fighting
- International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC), DOD, or National Pro-Board Certifications as Fire Fighter II, Hazardous Materials Operations, and Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF - not required for fire departments without an aircraft fire fighting mission)
- Possess DoD, ProBoard or IFSAC Driver Operator Pumper, Driver Operator ARFF, and Driver Operator MWS.
- Possess Telecommunicator I and II certificate.
- Possess a driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly under stressful conditions and perform duties under hazardous conditions requiring considerable physical exertion
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and non-verbally
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
• Prefer Associate's Degree
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems