- Negotiates pricing and other terms of purchase under supervision. Manage none strategic suppliers (none QFM)< $5M. Quotes materials; procures materials, components, equipment and services at the lowest cost consistent with consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Expedites and ensures the timely receipt of materials.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels. Interfaces with Accounting and Receiving to resolve problems.
- Works with engineering and MPM or SCM to recommend new suppliers. Issues RFQs, analyzes proposals, negotiates prices and delivery, issues and/or adjusts purchase orders in a timely manner. Follows-up on orders, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. Negotiates vendor contracts, as appropriate. Follows purchasing business processes.
- Reviews MRP on a regular basis; executes and cancels pull ins, push outs and planner orders as prioritized.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience
- No supervisory responsibilities; accountable for developing technical contribution
- Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
- Has limited impact on own work team; works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding
Years of Experience:Up to 1 Year
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.