Country:United States of America
Location:HWA32: US124-Everett (Commando), WA 11404 Commando Road , Everett, WA, 98204 USA
Monday-Friday, 1st shift - 5:00a-1:30p
Overtime available pre-/post-shift or weekends after training is complete
Reporting to the Manufacturing Operations Supervisor the Assembly Mechanic performs a wide variety of mechanical production sub-assembly and assembly operations of a semi-skilled nature to build up and assemble difficult and complex units.
- Determines methods and sequence of assembly operations where complete information is not readily available
- Follows assembly shop and production operations sheets, samples, blue prints, and verbal instructions to perform a wide variety of assembly operations.
- Works with Honeycomb panels sweeping and sanding and installing inserts.
- Works with Honeycomb structures assembling and bonding them up from panels.
- Works with adhesives to build honeycomb structure and install inserts in panels.
- Utilizes small hand tools such as wrenches, torque wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, and hammers.
- Utilizes pneumatic tools such as but not limited to drill motors and nut runners.
- Able to use precision measurement tools such as but not limited to scales, calipers (digital and dial) and micrometers.
- Identifies and selects components to be integrated into sub-assembly and assembly units.
- Makes own set-ups, alignments and adjustments maintaining tolerance in accordance with instructions.
- Disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles, and tests units as required.
- May provide work leadership to lower level assemblers through assignment or work review of progress and monitoring of results.
- Identify and properly use aviation assembly tools.
- Read and comprehend drawings and shop orders.
- HS diploma with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- Work in cramped spaces, often working on knees or lying down or crawling.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs periodically.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers___ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don___t just get people from point A to point B. We___re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we___re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we___re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance,__critical illness__insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- __And more!__
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.