Under the supervision of the Operations Supervisor, the Operations Specialist is responsible for coordinating and supervising the day to day departmental operations. Oversees the site management, and quality objectives in support of Operational Audits.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Assists with the management of functional objectives through coordination with Functional Area Managers and team members.
- Monitors the performance of department managers and supervisors and ensure submission of CDRL reports and other tasks, as required.
- Participates in the development of functional strategy and forecasting along with research and development for operational planning.
- Possesses considerable autonomy in completing projects for site and / or Task Order leadership
- Develops, implements, and applies effective and efficient management control procedures.
- Ensures that quality standards are applied to all levels of the work and measured for effectiveness.
- Establishes policies and procedures for performance and control of all company business management functions and the management and supervision of technical support.
- Supports detailed planning efforts and assists with monitoring contractual performance.
- Performs Other Duties as Assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
OCN Qualifications/Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of two (2) years technical experience.
- The role requires exceptional time management skills, good communications abilities, and an understanding of task-tracking and military management approaches
- and rank structures.
- Provide operations and administrative support to the Site Manager, requiring considerable judgment and discretion, to include handling of information of a highly
- important and confidential nature along with excellent skills in creating spreadsheets, databases, word processing and power point presentations.
- Possess excellent English oral and written communications skills sufficient to clearly convey message to co-workers, customers, and all levels of management and
- military officials.
- Ensure compliance of Corporate, Company, PWS and other Government policies, procedures and standards and reports to the Senior Leadership.
- Strong organization, communication (verbal/written) skills, and attention to detail.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Must be able to multi-task proficiently while meeting short suspense for both scheduled Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) and unscheduled reports/tasks.
- Prior LOGCAP Operations experience preferred.
- MAXIMO experience is preferred.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the
- winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to
- physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and
- hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.