Aetna’s Member analytics team is an innovative team tasked with optimizing our ability to engage with members to help them make better healthcare decisions.
Our goal is to improve clinical outcomes and to help members gain more transparency into the healthcare system so that they can save money. To do this we’ve developed a leading capability that combines data science, agile marketing, behavioral economics, large scale experimentation, and optimization of our digital properties and applications. Through this we message millions of members each year about real challenges they face and help them become healthier and save money – we drive tangible and meaningful impact for our members.
As a Senior Data Scientist in Member Analytics, you will lead and participate in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools.
- Solve complex analytical problems.
- Develop and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models to determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to best evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Perform analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand their problems and goals.
- Participate in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions.
- Interact with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- 3+ years of professional experience with machine Learning model development.
- Experience with Python, R and SQL.
- Experience with advanced statistical analysis.
- Experience with Experimental Design and/or A/B testing.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."