Responsible for assisting the Transportation Manager with day to day transportation, cargo, and container management operations. Manage employees at assigned Transportation and Container Yard. Employee must be capable of performing and organizing, but not limited to, the following transportation operations: Customer Service; Convoy Briefings; Staging Area Management; Hazardous Materiel (HAZMAT) Documentation Certification; Transportation Reports; RFID Management; Document Cargo; Container Management: and Safety Briefings. Employee must be Hazardous Materiel (HAZMAT) certified and have the ability to use and train employees on the Global Transportation Network (GTN), Integrated Booking System ' Container Management Module (IBS-CMM), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags and Transportation Coordinators' Automated Information for Movement System II (TC-AIMS II). The Transportation Supervisor must also be able to perform the following duties: Track container ownership, status, use, condition, and location; Research containers; Create specific reports; Export reports from IBS-CMM to Excel spreadsheets; utilize IBS-CMM to determine ownership of containers; Notify the MCT, MCB, and Container Management Element (CME) of containers that have unresolved ownership or are carrier owned. Employee must have knowledge of Movement Control functions such as processing TMRs, TCMDs, and HAZMAT documentation.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Manage employees at assigned Transportation location.
- Manage employees at assigned Container yard.
- Validates transportation requirements and coordinates transportation support, and inbound clearance for moving units, personnel, and cargo.
- Arranges movement of personnel, equipment, and sustainment supplies.
- Coordinates transportation movements, diversions, and transfers of units, cargo, and personnel.
- Provides technical expertise to transportation users within its assigned geographic area of responsibility.
- Provides in transit visibility of unit equipment and sustainment cargo movements.
- Processes convoy clearance and special hauling permits.
- Prepares passenger manifests.
- Assists arriving personnel through customs and immigration at ports of entry.
- Supervise employees at assigned Container Yard.
- Utilize the Theater Automated-Container Management Module to IN/OUT Gate and Way point transiting.
- Identify carrier owned containers and report to Movement Control Battalion (MCB), shipper, and Container Management Element (CME).
- Identify containers with unresolved container ownership in IBS-CMM.
- Communicate unresolved ownership issues with shipper, CME, and MCB.
- Expedite the movement of throughput and high-priority container shipments.
- Minimize the time for holding or consolidating cargo.
- Maintain 100 percent in-transit visibility of containers and contents.
- Achieve economical movements via container use.
- Move containers as fast as mode operators and consignees can handle them.
- Avoids container congestion in ports, staging areas, and container yard.
- Integrate the military and commercial container management systems.
- Consolidate single consignee shipments.
- Ensure mode operators are responsive to the needs of consignees as well as container managers.
- Reduce detention and demurrage.
- Use containers for retrograde movements as much as possible without slowing down the system.
- Perform and monitor movement control/transportation functions.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- Ten years of directly related work and management experience.
- Excellent computer, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills required.
- Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES), Global Decision Support System (GDSS), Global Transportation Network (GTN), Integrated Booking System-Container Management Module (IBS-CMM), Intra-theater Airlift Request System (ITARS), Joint Operations Planning and Execution System (JOPES), Single Mobility System (SMS), TransLog Web (TLW), Transportation Coordinators Automated Information for Movements System II (TC-AIMS II), and Worldwide Port System (WPS).
- Requires excellent organizational skills; with the ability to work under fast paced and adverse conditions.
- Manage employees at assigned Transportation location.;
- Manage employees at assigned Container yard.;
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.