The Student Learner will augment their pursuit of an Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) education with aviation industry experience through the observation of workers performing aviation maintenance and program operations. The Student Learner will participate in training courses/experiences and engage program personnel to gain an understanding of relevant processes and procedures, forms, and tools necessary in the performance of contractual program requirements.
- Observe, question and learn about DI and the various roles and responsibilities of program personnel
- Attend live and online training courses
- Become familiarized with Navy Terminology/acronyms, technical libraries, logs and records systems, and ground flight procedures
- Learn about safety protocols and equipment
- Become familiarized with areas such as:
- Ground Support Equipment
- Aircraft/Flight Line components
- Tools and Tool Control
- Foreign Object Damage inspections and related procedures
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance work centers and activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Education
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver's license and be able to meet any Government requirements to Federal reservation entry
- Graduation from High school or GED
- Maintain a passing grade in George Stone A&P program
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic understanding of Airframe and Powerplant (A&P)
- Ability to grasp fundamental concepts and terminology pertaining to aircraft maintenance and equipment
- Requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires frequent climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, crouching, kneeling.
- Must have close vision to include color, peripheral, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Requires hearing to normal range.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems