Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all associated mobile material handling equipment. Responsibilities also entail knowledge in: preventative maintenance procedures, troubleshooting guidelines, work request documentation, spare parts appropriation, and inventory control.
• Maintain and repair all aspects of mobile shop equipment, and mobile material handling equipment.
• Maintain and repair all peripheral equipment and supporting devices associated with mobile equipment such as: batteries, wire guidance, charger, etc.
• Maintain and safeguard oil recovery and storage procedures for compliance to NJDEP requirements.
• Read, comprehend, and interpret technical reference manuals, blueprints, wiring diagrams, electrical/pneumatic schematics, and ladder logic diagrams.
• Perform all tasks in accordance to all OSHA, Federal, State, Local, and Facility safety guidelines and mandates.
• Ensure optimum equipment performance through maintenance, repair, and preventive maintenance tasks that are in accordance to the original manufacturer’s (OEM) specifications and guidelines or appropriate facsimile thereof; unless otherwise specified by management.
• Diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions/failures in a punctual and effective manner.
• Uphold the accuracy, security, and appropriate inventory levels for all associated equipment spare parts, hardware, and tools.
• Ensure all equipment and work request record keeping and information assimilation associated with this job function is disseminated appropriately in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance to company and departmental guidelines.
• Supply personal hand tools as required to perform R&M on Equipment.
• Perform other duties as required by management.
• Greet vendors/contractors at Lobby areas and escort to Facility Services shop or location where services are to be performed.
• General maintenance/repair/preventative maintenance in the subsequent areas: general facility equipment, fixed conveyor equipment, and power distribution.
• Prior to completion of each shift, ensure all shop tools are properly stored and the shop cleaned.
• Complete and submit daily worksheets describing tasks/work performed.
• Follow appropriate guidelines in the procurement of all spare parts and tools used in the repair of existing equipment.
• Comply with the inventory control procedures in the reordering of spare parts when stock is at the minimum level.
• Insure all blueprints, equipment manuals, and other documentation are kept current and safeguarded for the Facility Services’ Library.
• Maintain work areas and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
• Ability to cross-train and perform to standard in various functions as required by Management.
Minimum of four years documented/demonstrated experience in the General Maintenance position including Master Mechanic proficiency in forklift maintenance as described in the respective position description with eight years experience in electric forklift maintenance with demonstrated competence in CVS owned/leased mobile equipment.
• Capable of understanding and using technical information as a tool in the performance of daily activities.
• Excellent written and verbal commercial English skills to include the ability to read and write legibly and accurately.
• Demonstrate expertise in the use of basic and sophisticated hand tools
• Proficient in mechanical, electrical, electronic, and hydraulic system diagnostics and repair.
• Ability to read and comprehend electrical/hydraulic schematics and blueprints.
• Experience in computerized logic control diagnostics and repair.
• Experience in diagnosing and repairing wire guidance mobile equipment.
• Working knowledge of mathematics and algebraic equations.
• Able to work from scaffolding, ladders and mechanical lifts up to 40 feet.
• Able to wear Personal Protective Equipment in accordance with company policy.
• Work as part of a team with all levels of employees to achieve desired results.
• Work overtime in emergency situations or with prior notification by management.
• Able to operate and be certified as an operator of mobile equipment.
• Able to work in a seasonally warm or cool environment.
• Posses a valid N.J. drivers license.
• Physical Demands: This position has an occasional lifting requirement (0-33%) up to 75 lbs. Other physical activities include Frequent bending/reaching/stooping(34-66%) frequent walking/standing/climbing (34-66%)
• Work Environment: Warehouse environment, which includes seasonal temperature changes, rolling equipment, and conveyors.
Prefer Associate Degree in Electronics
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."
Honeywell | Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Honeywell | Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Covanta Energy | Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
CVS Health | Lumberton, New Jersey
CBRE | Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
CBRE | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
CBRE | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
CBRE | East Norriton, Pennsylvania
CBRE | Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
HERC - New Jersey/Eastern PA/Delaware | Princeton, New Jersey