Company Name: Fry's Food Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Responsible for price and scan integrity of all products according to state laws, company policies and guidelines. Assist the department manager in reaching scan integrity and profit goals established for the store, and monitor all established quality assurance. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the departments and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Assist with and train other store associates on preparing store signage and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure all tags & signs are hung and displayed in a timely manner.
- Research any tags that have not been hung, and make sure they are items that are not carried. Consult with Management before disposing of them.
- Assist with new and ongoing special programs and promotions.
- Perform an ad check at the beginning of each ad cycle to ensure proper scanning of all items in the circular.
- Check ad signing for proper pricing.
- Implement accurate and timely price changes for new and existing items using the pricing software.
- Sort, log, and distribute price change paperwork and tags.
- Create and review daily section check reports, and turn in to the Store Manager.
- Provide feedback on store conditions as needed to the store management team, as noted on the daily section check reports.
- Conduct store pricing audits/section checks as scheduled on the Section check calendar.
- Research price discrepancies to ensure data integrity.
- Conduct audits to ensure shelf and pricing systems are integrated.
- Attend Department Head meetings and help keep scan accuracy a priority in the store.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Collaborate with team members to encourage teamwork.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Fry's Food Stores: Fry's Food Stores is headquartered in Tolleson, Arizona. The company employs more than 17,000 Arizona residents who help us serve more than one million households per week. Fry's has been providing Arizonans with fresh food at famous low prices since 1960. Fry's Food Stores is a proud member of the Kroger Co. based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AZ || Sun City || 10660 Grand Ave || 85351 || Fry's Food Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) is one of the world's largest grocery retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $96.8 billion. The Kroger Co. Family of Stores spans many states with store formats that include grocery and multi-department stores, discount, convenience stores and jewelry stores. We operate under nearly two dozen banners, all of which share the same belief in building strong local ties and brand loyalty with our customers.