**Description:** Lockheed Martin is seeking a Cyber System
Security Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie,
Texas\. The candidate will have the opportunity
to be involved in some of Lockheed Martin
Missiles and Fire Control’s highly innovative and
ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry\. You will
leverage your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills in a structured team framework and work in a cross\-functional engineering Team environment\.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control \(MFC\)
is one of five Lockheed Martin business areas\.
MFC is a recognized designer, developer and
manufacturer of precision engagement
aerospace and defense systems for the U\.S\. and
allied militaries\. MFC develops, manufactures
and supports advanced combat, missile, rocket,
manned and unmanned systems for military
customers that include the U\.S\. Army, Navy, Air
Force, Marine Corps, NASA and dozens of
foreign allies\. MFC also offers a wide range of
products and services for the global civil nuclear
power industry and the military’s green power
initiatives\. MFC pursues business in more than
50 countries with more than 50 product and
At Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control
you’ll have an opportunity to create a better
world every day\. For most individuals, our work
challenges belong merely to headlines and
tweets\. But our employees routinely experience
a broad range of programs and projects, each
geared to important human needs\. Whatever
your assignment, you’ll use your education and
experience to take on formidable challenges\.
Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a
global technology leader to back the kind of
innovation that has characterized our historic
• Provides embedded System Security Engineering design and implementation in all aspects of System Security Engineering \(SSE\) process in development of Department of Defense \(DoD\) Weapon Systems\.
• Assesses and mitigates System Security threats/risks throughout the embedded Weapon System development life cycle\.
• Validates System Security Engineering requirements decomposition, allocation and analysis for embedded DoD Weapon Systems\.
• Implements System Security Engineering solutions in both DoD Weapon Systems hardware and software\.
• Verifies implementation of system security requirements in both DoD Weapon Systems hardware and software\.
• Design, implement, deploy, and maintain state of the art embedded System Security architectures and countermeasures to protect and enable innovative new Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control products\.
• Analyze weaknesses, vulnerabilities and threats against System Security posture of new Weapon System product designs\.
• Prototype and test embedded System Security countermeasures that defend against cyber\-attacks against Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Weapon System products\.
• Embed yourself amongst Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Systems Engineers to define and
integrate System Security Engineering into a wide range of high integrity, security and safety\-
critical Weapon Systems\.
Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid\-Cities” region in the Dallas\-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the
North Central region of Texas\. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth\. The
region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate\. The Mid\-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty\-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth\.
These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine,
Southlake, Colleyville, HEB \(Hurst, Euless and Bedford\), NRH \(North Richland Hills and
Richland Hills\), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns
such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort
Must currently possess a current Department of Defense SECRET security clearance\.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline \(Computer Engineering, Software Engineering\), or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree\.
Experience with the following:
• Design experience through the DoD systems development life\-cycle developing embedded
security solutions for DoD weapon systems\.
• Maintaining, developing and/or supporting test equipment hardware and/or software supporting
the security posture of Weapon System hardware, sub\-systems, etc\.
• Implementing System Security requirements on Platform Information Technology \(PIT\) systems to meet company and U\.S\. government compliance systems requirements\.
• Strong understanding of System Security Engineering \(SSE\) principals\.
• Identification, decomposition, allocation and verification of NIST SP 800\-53 Security Controls on DoD Weapon Systems\.
• Conducting Security Verification testing on developed DoD Weapon Systems\.
Extensive Experience developing embedded DoD National Security Systems \(NSS\) requiring Systems Security Engineering implementations\.
• Demonstrates both tactical as well as strategic thinking and creative problem solving\.
• Experience with IP and Networking Theory\.
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively\.
• Experience with embedded system vulnerability scanning and Software Assurance \(SwA\) activities\.
• Possess an approved DoD 8570 baseline
certification for IAT Level II \(CISSP, CAP, etc\.\)\.
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 100,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Lockheed Martin is led by Marillyn A. Hewson, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Our Mission: We solve complex challenges, advance scientific discovery and deliver innovative solutions to help our customers keep people safe.
Our Vision: Be the global leader in supporting our customers' missions, strengthening security and advancing scientific discovery.
Do What's Right
Perform With Excellence
CUSTOMER BASE: As a global security, innovation, and aerospace company, the majority of Lockheed Martin's business is with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. federal government agencies. In addition, Sikorsky (a Lockheed Martin Company) provides military and rotary-wing aircraft to all five branches of the U.S. armed forces along with military services and commercial operators in 40 nations. The remaining portion of Lockheed Martin's business is comprised of international government and commercial sales of products, services and platforms.
Lockheed Martin's operating units are organized into broad business areas.
Aeronautics, with approximately $20.1 billion in 2017 sales which includes tactical aircraft, airlift, and aeronautical research and development lines of business.
Missiles and Fire Control, with approximately $7.2 billion in 2017 sales that includes the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense System, PAC-3 Missiles as some of its high-profile programs.
Rotary and Mission Systems with approximately $14.2 billion in 2017 sales, which includes Sikorsky military and commercial helicopters, naval systems, platform integration, simulation and training and energy programs lines of business.
Space, with approximately $9.5 billion in 2017 sales which includes space launch, commercial satellites, government satellites, and strategic missiles lines of business.
2017 Sales: $51 Billion
Backlog: $100 Billion
Cash Flow from Operations: $6.5 Billion
Stock Ticker Symbol: LMT, on the New York Stock Exchange. Ranked 64th on the 2015 Fortune 500 list of largest industrial corporations
(All amounts approximate)
WHERE WE ARE
Employees: approximately 100,000 employees in the United States and internationally
Operations: 590+ facilities in 50 states throughout the U.S.; Internationally, business locations in over 70 nations and territories
Lockheed Martin Corporation
6801 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817 U.S.A.