Impact on the Business
- Meet established sales referral and promotional sales goals
- Accept and process deposits, payments, checks for cashing and other transactions according to established procedures and performance standards.
- Ready workstation at start of shift; strike and balance cash and transactions at end of shift.
- Live and represent the brand; exemplify the five brand attributes of being perceptive, progressive, responsive, respectful and fair, both internally and externally.
- Enhance Company image through pro-active customer-driven servicing of their needs in support of the goal of exceeding customer expectations; initiate referral of new business through customer contact and use of customer relationship management system.
- Adhere to branch cash control and security requirements in control of cash and negotiable items.
- Adhere to established customer interaction standards for every transaction.
- Maintain current knowledge of Company products and services and applicable Federal regulations, including Bank Secrecy and Know Your Customer principles. Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Company and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Minimum of one year's proven customer service and/or sales experience or equivalent, including cash handling experience.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Positive customer service attributes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with sales referrals and product knowledge.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Our global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
Whether you are looking for a first job or taking the next step in your career, we offer many ways for you to realise your ambitions. Come and work with us and you'll have opportunities to make connections all over the world and help build the bank for the future.
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email email@example.com.
Join our Talent Community today! https://hsbc.avature.net/su/efbe2e86d4b0c30d