Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $10,000!
What you will do in this role:
As an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients. You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to refine and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs.
- You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a regular basis
- You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection related to medical and traumatic emergencies
- You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
- You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
- You will properly verify, document, and administer medication
- You will provide health care teaching to patients and families along with appropriate documentation
- You will evaluate the patient’s progression towards attainment of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions
What qualifications you will need:
- 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) OR Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) OR Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENCP) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The Emergency Department consists of a 41 bed unit with an average of 90,000+ patients per year. The patient population includes pediatrics, general medical, primary stroke, Level II trauma and Cardiac. SAMC has a very busy Level II trauma program, with the ER treating large numbers of acute MI and stroke patients as well. SAMC is a Malcom Baldridge facility of excellence Center providing exceptional care for every patient. Our conveyance area provides even faster service for our low acuity patient without the wait in the main emergency area. Our staff consists of physicians, RN's, and technicians. All of our nursing and technical staff is currently certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and many RN's are currently certified in pediatric care (PALS or ENPC). Many of our nurses have attained their CEN certification and CCRN certifications.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.