WESCO is known for the best service and the best people, always going above and beyond to provide top-notch service to our customers. As a leading global provider of supply chain solutions, WESCO’s goal is to ensure that our customers have the products they need, when and where they need them — whether that is on a construction site or in a manufacturing plant. We back up those products with proven expert services that help companies increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, create safer workplaces, and achieve sustainability goals. If this is a culture you want to be a part of, we invite you to join WESCO, a place where inclusion and diversity is valued and continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Executes and expands assigned customer account plan(s) which is developed in conjunction with management.
- Executes on billing margin initiatives through value added services, marketing programs, and supplier engagement.
- Prospects potential customers, including cold calling and developing leads through referral channels.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Utilizes sales management tools for sales planning, supplier planning and documenting opportunities.
- Develops and grows product knowledge through WESCO and supplier training.
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers, including performing regular joint sales calls.
- Provides quotations directly or in conjunction with sales support team.
Prior sales experience required, outside sales preferred
Two years of industry experience preferred
High School Degree or Equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
Ability to travel to current and potential clients and suppliers.
Ability to work flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Effective communicator both written and verbally.
Ability to work in team environment.
Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques (Preferred).
Outside Sales – Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Employee required to sit and drive a vehicle to perform their job..
Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules.
Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
Employee required to problem-solve.
Employee required to communicate with the public
For WESCO locations in Canada, we offer a competitive compensation and flexible benefit plan, pension plan, educational assistance plan and more. Please note, in the recruitment process accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
WESCO values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
WESCO Distribution is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor - we're a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs and increase efficiency through LEAN Customer Value Creation (LCVC); and save energy with Green and Sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service, and results that exceed customer expectations.
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | Castlegar,