Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership genes? Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is the right place for you. We are the leading group for the creation of advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security, and civil space. You might have seen on the web many beautiful images of the Earth, down to fine detail, and you might have been amazed by the discoveries coming back from deep space missions. Behind many of those amazing results are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Technologies. We are looking for the next generation of leaders who will shape the future of space exploration, human spaceflight, and national defense. We are looking for you. To view more on Raytheon Intelligence and Space, Space Systems, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaKnZRnyCg
We are looking for a Digital Engineer - Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) who is interested in experiencing all elements of the space mission design process including system-level trades, requirements development, spacecraft design, performance assessment, integration and test, verification, and validation. This position will interface with the Lead Systems Engineer, Chief Engineer and other stakeholders to ensure program objectives are achieved. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
**This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $12,000**
- 6+ years Systems Engineering Experience
- Digital engineer with ability to understand modeling and integrate lower level models to form system models.
- Cameo experience required
- Experience with Space Vehicles and space environments
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools for developing architectures and functional analysis
- Experience across the Systems Engineering Lifecycle/V such as:
- Developing Concepts of Operations
- Requirements Development, Decomposition, and Management
- System Level Design and Architecture
- Developing Test Plans and Procedures
- System Integration and Test
- Requirements Verification, Validation, and Sell-off
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Experience with SEIT tools such as DOORS, MATLAB, C++, and Python
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Top Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain SAP/SAR access
- U.S. Citizenship status
- Other MBSE tools such as SysML and experience with requirements development and management, flow-down, design, test planning and execution, data analysis, verification and validation, and operations support.
- Experience in the Space domain such as:
- Space Vehicles, Satellites, and Payloads
- Bus Design and Test
- Orbits, Navigation, and Trajectory
- Optics, EO/IR, or OPIR
- RF, Radar, Electronics and Communication Systems
- Hyperspectral or VIS-IR Detector Imaging
- Ground segment, antenna services, and data distribution
- Mission geometry, relative satellite motion, and analyzing viewing and lighting conditions
- Experience with Software Development
- Experience with Firmware Development
- Knowledge of US Export/Import law in regards to space technologies
BS in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
MS in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
In compliance with Colorado___s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $86,500.00 to $160,000.00; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate___s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.