Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises - our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Kwun Tong || Kowloon
Director of Sourcing (Home), Hong Kong Buying Office
The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, is ranked 85 among Fortune 500 companies. TJX operates TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria, and the Netherlands and tkmaxx.com in the U.K., Homesense in the U.K. and Ireland, as well as TK Maxx in Australia. With more than 4,500 stores in nine countries and four e-commerce sites, we are a global, off-price retailer delivering extraordinary value to our customers through the combination of brand, fashion, price, and quality! We encourage you to visit us at www.tjx.com!
As the Director of Sourcing, you will be a leader of leaders, managing a total team of 18+ direct and indirect reports to source the best Home products for all TJX banners, including TJX United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with Buyers, Merchandising, and Product Development teams in US, Canada, Europe and Australia on strategic initiatives regarding customer needs, brands and company marketing efforts.
- Partner with Corporate Buyers to negotiate deals and execute sales and profit objectives initiated by senior merchants.
- Travel to and support the TJX business programs in China, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea; leading and fostering relationships with a breadth of outside vendors, agents, manufacturers and factories.
- Review manufacturer and factory performance on orders and set standards for productivity and quality. Ensuring inspection programs and company compliance guidelines are followed regarding sourcing.
- Research and travel to meet with agents, factories and vendors in the market to build relationships, review production capabilities and identify potential opportunities. Ensure factories can produce brand merchandise that meet TJX requirements and are socially compliant.
- Leading a team of 18+, you will teach, mentor and train Associates on TJX’s (BFPQ) BFPQ (Brand, Fashion, Price, Quality) buying model. You will also be responsible for evaluating performance, and providing feedback on a regular basis.
- Stay ahead of market conditions that impact sourcing requirements, while developing strategic SOP's.
- Identify and drive implementation of continuous improvement initiatives with key supplies in support of business goals – innovative cost savings, lead-time reduction, increased inventory turns and process
- Approve proposals of sourcing staff to participate in trade fairs and exhibitions. Optimize resources for these trips and coordinate foreign buyer participation at shows and manufacturer or factory visits. Participate in new vendor or manufacturing site visits as required.
- 15+ years of management, merchandise and strategic sourcing experience for Home
- Experience with international companies, U.S. based companies a plus
- Flexibility for future (international) travel; 25% target
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills required in English and Mandarin, Cantonese is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical, strategy, negotiation skills, and computer skills.
- Ability to set budgets and prepare financial forecasts.
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Kwun Tong || Kowloon
At the TJX Companies, Inc. we believe service members and Veterans bring invaluable talent to the TJX family. Since 2013 we have hired over 4,000 active and Veteran military service members. With a focus providing value to our customers, valuing our associates, and adding value to our communities, our culture fosters personal and career growth in a company that is continuously growing itself. So if you're looking to apply your leadership skills, strong work ethic, loyalty, and dedication to create a globo At the TJX Companies, Inc. we believe service members and Veterans bring invaluable talent to the TJX family. Since 2013 we have hired over 4,000 active and Veteran military service members. With a focus providing value to our customers, valuing our associates, and adding value to our communities, our culture fosters personal and career growth in a company that is continuously growing itself. So if you're looking to apply your leadership skills, strong work ethic, loyalty, and dedication to create a global impact, So if you're looking to apply your leadership skills, strong work ethic, loyalty, and dedication to create a global impact, click the link above