Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our First Assist Surgery opening with Del Sol Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Del Sol Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
We are seeking a(an) First Assist Surgery for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As defined by the American College of Surgeons, the first assistant provides aid in exposure, homeostasis, and other technical functions that will help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient. This role will vary with the surgical operation, the specialty area, and the type of facility. The CST First Assistant must demonstrate application of knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and other education with additional training in the use of surgical instruments on tissues versus the handling of instruments.
- Assumes responsibility of assisting surgeons as first assistants.
- Functions under direction and supervision of surgeon and in accordance with hospital policy and appropriate laws and regulations.
- Reports directly to the Director of Surgical Services with direction from the Chief of Surgery.
- Assignment of case depends upon physician request preoperatively or on emergency situations.
- Coordination of the surgical team efforts to offer the most qualified support to the patient, surgeon, and other team members.
- Awareness of the patient as an individual with specific psychological, physical, and spiritual needs.
- Development of a code of professional behavior that will promote responsibility as an individual and also as member of the health care team.
- Maintains 100 hours Continuing Education as defined by the Association of Surgical Technologists and First Assistants.
- Demonstrates Customer Service and behaviors appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- High School Graduate / GED
- Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA), or Certified First Assistant
5 years experience CST Required Years of Experience
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our First Assist Surgery opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.