The Power Production/Barrier Maintenance Technician is responsible for the operation, maintenance and inspection of power production plants along with maintenance and training on the aircraft arresting system.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Provide BAK-14 and BAK-12 Aircraft Arresting System (AAS) training and maintenance scheduling, recurring maintenance and repairs to support US military power production personnel
- Training shall be consistent with requirements of AFI 32-1043, Managing, Operating, and Maintaining Aircraft Arresting Systems.
- Perform daily inspection and maintenance and repairs of the BAK-14 and BAK-12 systems
- Provide the BAK-14 and BAK-12, daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance schedules that meet or exceed all manufacturer's specifications and/or military Technical Orders
- Monitor and operate control boards to regulate power plants.
- Operate and maintain diesel generating units.
- Operate and maintain auxiliary equipment.
- Inspect equipment for malfunctions.
- Analyzes water samples and adds chemicals as required.
- Oils, greases and adjusts machinery and equipment and makes minor repairs.
- Make periodic inspections to see that all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition.
- Maintain consumption and production records.
- Reports defects and recommends improvements, alterations and repairs.
- Maintains inventory lists and requisitions supplies, materials and repair parts.
- Assist in training lower level power plant operators and others.
- Perform related work appropriate to the classification as assigned.
- Keep records of fuel used, power production, and general operating conditions.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid US driver's license
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years aircraft barrier experience and be 483 certified in operation and maintenance of BAK-12 and BAK-14 aircraft arresting systems
- Must have completed an approved DOD school in the operation and maintenance of aircraft arresting systems or equivalent commercial school
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in power plant operation including one year equivalent to a Power Plant Operator or a combination of equivalent education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities of a power plant operator is preferred.
- Shall be qualified as Power Production journeyman or master technicians with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and operation of commercial grade generators ranging in size from 5 to 2500 kilowatts is not required but strongly desired.
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions for moderate periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 30 to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Knowledge of document and report writing.
- Technical understanding of power plant operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe work practices and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Knowledge of lockout and tag out procedures.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking, and understanding English.
- International driver's license and capability to obtain a USAF flight line driver's license.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems