Under supervision of the Logistics Supervisor, the Material Handler is responsible for providing logistics support including picking, packing, assembly, sorting, shipping, and receiving of orders to meet productivity and quality goals.
- Unloads, receives, stores, packages, loads, and ships inventory items (e.g. cable converter boxes, broadband modems, fiber cable, installation kit accessories, network system hardware, telephones and accessories for business telephony).
- Completes all necessary receiving and shipping forms and checks them for accuracy. Tracks the movement of inventory items from the time items arrive to the warehouse to the time they are shipped or issued.
- Participates in periodic warehouse inventory and cycle counts by making and verifying inventory counts as well as investigating discrepancies. Orders, receives, stores, and maintains warehouse supplies.
- Receives material and equipment from suppliers, and maintains inventory control.
- Issues supplies to field personnel.
- Responsible for upkeep of vehicles and warehouse facilities.
- May prepare damaged converters for shipping and repair.
- May assist in planning material requirements per installation projections.
- May repair converter remotes.
- May reconfigure converters.
- Maintains converters and DCR units for Installers, Technicians, Sales, and Retail.
- May be responsible for inputting purchase requisitions.
- May clean and screen customer premise equipment (converters and modems)
- May operate converter test bench to ensure equipment quality
- Unloads materials received from vendors. Completes and files the necessary receiving forms for inventory received.
- Searches for any damages in the inventory received and reports it to leadership. Verifies the accuracy of orders received and shipped.
- Tracks inventory using bar code readers (handheld scanners). Moves inventory and warehouse supplies received and to be shipped between trucks and their place in the warehouse.
- Packs product kits for customer orders and bulk packaging of single inventory items for contractors or other warehouses.
- Loads trucks and ships inventory items according to schedule.
- Participates in the periodic warehouse inventories and cycle counts by counting, verifying counts, and investigating discrepancies.
Hours are Mon-Fri from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Pay Rate is $17.00/hr.
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
FedEx Ground | Bishop, California