Midwest Industrial Rubber, Inc.
MIR is the premier independent, specialty fabricator and distributor of light weight conveyor belting and accessories in North America. MIR was founded in January 1980 in response to the needs of manufacturing facilities to have in-plant expertise, as well as access to products and services that minimize downtime and increase productivity. Our focus is on providing value-added products and services through our 25 full-service sales and fabrication facilities located across the U.S. Our corporate headquarters is in St. Louis, Missouri.
Over the years, we have expanded across America as more and more of our customers requested service near their facilities. We have customers in food processing, paper converting & print, package handling, plastics & metals, distribution & warehouse, and other general industries. We continue to expand our customer base by adding innovative, continuous improvement initiatives, and overall value-added services that remain unparalleled to our market competitors.
Job Title: Conveyor Belt Technician
Reports To: Production Manager
SUMMARY: Responsible for fabrication and installation of conveyor belting and related industrial products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process orders in a safe and efficient manner; Operate light industrial equipment; Communicate with supervisor regarding assigned orders, scheduling, and other production issues.
- Ensure timely shipping of belting product; Receive shipments in a timely manner and ensure delivery to correct recipient; Maintain shipping/receiving department with needed supplies; Process and maintain reports.
- Travels to customer's location to install product; Occasional overnight travel required.
- Recognize appropriate inventory usage and reports low levels to supervisor; Maintains cycle counts log; Participates in once-a-year inventory.
- Project a professional and courteous demeanor when communicating with others. Maintain a positive attitude towards work in the team environment.
- High School Graduate
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous industrial or production experience helpful, but not required. Requires mechanical inclination.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and understand a tape measure.
- Previous forklift experience helpful, but not required.
Valid driver's license required.
- This position requires regularly standing and reaching with hands and arms; occasionally stooping, kneeling, or crawling.
- Position also requires occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds.
- Position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including the occasional night and/or weekends.
Our unwavering commitment to our employees has always been at the heart of our business, and we believe it is the key to our success. A skilled, educated, and enthusiastic workforce is the best asset any company can have, and we value our employees' potential for growth. To help our employees reach their goals, MIR offers tuition assistance and in-house training. And we promote from within, offering our employees opportunities for both internal advancement and relocation.
While we have grown significantly over the years, MIR is also proud to still have a small business atmosphere that values warmth and personal attention. You will never be just an employee number at MIR each of our employees holds a valued place in our organization.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, health saving account, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.
To highlight a few:
Medical Insurance: MIR offers full time employees medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Long & Short-Term Disability: MIR pays 100% of the cost for each employee's short and long-term disability coverage.
401k: For 2021, upon eligibility, MIR will match 100% of your first 1% and 50% of your next 5% deferred contribution on a per payroll basis.
Tuition Reimbursement: MIR reimburses up to 90% of tuition, after 1 year of employment, for Undergraduate AND Graduate education.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Founded in 1980, MIR specializes in the fabrication and distribution of lightweight conveyor belting and industrial conveyor products. We focus on providing value-added products and services through all our full service sales and fabrication facilities located across the United States, with our corporate headquarters located in St. Louis, Missouri. With highly-trained technicians available 24/7 for field installations and a staff with more than 1,500 aggregate years of belting experience, MIR has earned a reputation as the premier independent specialty fabricator and distributor of lightweight belting and conveyor accessories in North America. Mission Statement Our mission is to enhance MIR’s market leadership position by creating an open environment of partnership with employees and suppliers to best service our customers. Vision Statement We believe in making business an enjoyable, hassle-free experience for our customers. There is no such thing as an unreasonable request. We will create expectations for our customers and exceed them at every opportunity. Our order will be delivered on time, every time, to the best of our ability. We believe that quality products are a result of quality people. Every employee will be treated with trust and respect. Every employee will be dedicated to doing the job right for the customer in a safe, enthusiastic and productive manner. We encourage risk taking and tolerate mistakes as long as we can learn from them. We are not satisfied with mediocrity and status quo. We are in the business of providing world-class products and services to our customers. We have a responsibility to our employees, our stakeholders, and ultimately to our customers, to be recognized as the highest valued supplier.